What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

Top 70 by Median because that's what I can fit on the screen

1672428520171.png

Not a huge amount of change overall. There are some false dreams on there - Bleachers' MTV Unplugged got a tour repress, the Funkadelic copy is a pretty gnarly copy, etc.

On The Rise;
Brandi Carlile's The Story and Give Up The Ghost - Way too small represses and a rapidly growing fanbase.
Bonnie Raitt's Luck of the Draw - the DCC version is immaculate and people are realizing it
Girl Talk's Feed the Animals and All Day - those represses/open pre-orders are taking a while.
She and Him's Christmas Party - but yes keep reissuing the first one.
The Mowgli's Waiting for the Dawn - a 2010s indie pop gem that people are slowly starting to find and pay for
The Hunger Games OST - I said it in the other thread but I suspect it's a lot of nostalgic early 20 somethings with cash and a vinyl finding

New Adds in the Past Six Months:
Rilo Kiley's Under the Blacklight (paid a bit under median for that, it needs a reissue and really pops on wax)
Julie Ruin S/T - had to for the price it was listed at
Natlaie Merchant's Tigetlily - the hype was justified and it's re-climbing up
Blind Pearly Brown - Georgia Street Singer - not entirely sure it's my thing but the price was really good and I'm trying to give it a real run
Fuel - Sunburn - this and a Boy Named Goo were both nostalgia pickups for cheap used prices and then I choked on my drink when I saw what they go for.
Metric - Formentera is new and signed which, you know...return to form
Twin Flames Radio was a signed cover for $20 so I went for it
Janelle Monae's Metropolis - Paid just short of median for it but man is that a tricky get

Sorted by median

In reality, I'm sure the Godzilla box is worth the most. I used the default listing, but it's actually 1 of 5 copies that have the foil "Mechagodzilla" box. My wife won it from Waxworks on Instagram

Discogs-highest.jpg

I stumbled across this Death Grips packing slip the other day. In retrospect, I clearly should have bought 10 of these things. The receipt is dated September 19, 2011, which means I had a 12 day old baby when I ordered it. It's ironic how, at the time, buying that record probably felt reckless when, in reality, it would have been the smartest financial investment I could have made.

20221231_103553.jpg20221231_103706.jpg
20221231_103640.jpg

Last edited:
It's been since the end of May since I posted an update. I took some time off as not much was changing.

Sorted by median value...

Still no major movements, but the Rush reissues still seem to be doing well and moving up a bit.

One 2022 release that is new to the list (that isn't an expensive box set anyway)

Disturbed - Divisive (w/ alternate cover art)

I suppose I should play it soon.

I also see St. Anger making a move to the list - that's somewhat surprising.

Screenshot 2023-01-03 071438.jpg

Top 13...

Screenshot 2023-01-03 071947.jpg

Last updated in January - I have slowed down with purchases so far this Winter/Spring -

Top 14 -
Screenshot 2023-04-15 224018.png

Nothing all that new has entered the top - Metallica swapped spots with Ænima compared to January - but a lot of Ænima counterfeits are out there - and people are willing to buy them.
Screenshot 2023-04-15 224431.png

I wish Discogs would allow releases to be in more than one folder - that way I could filter out box sets.

Was in some hibernation on the collection, so not a ton of movement but some interesting adds/changes

1681738466850.png

New Entries:

#3: Orebolo: Volume 1 - This will settle I assume, just came in and people who missed the open pre-order had their regret buys. Nice 2 LP acoustic jamming...honestly prefer it to Goose but don't tell Goose fans. I can't imagine that holds up in the short term but Goose limited run vinyl is nuts.

#6 Elvis Presley S/T - Probably my best recent find. Not ideal conditioning but press for a 1st press was nuts.

#7 Blonde - OK y'all were right on the pricing. I think I'll eventually sell it, I just don't love the music as much as many do.

#26 - Sea Sew - List Hannigan - Probably my second best recent find. The local Bull Moose finally began pricing vinyl to marketish, so finds are limited to items in their system under the ancient pre-owned prices or misses...not sure which one this was but it was welcome. Great little album

#29 - Little Willies S/T - I paid market for this. I have no regrets. Fantastic classic country homage from Norah.

#31 - Let It Be Deluxe - Given this is like $40 retail this will disappear from the list shortly.

#48 - La La Land (Blue) - Just picked this up as Bull Moose priced it as the black. Sleeve damage but a worthy trade off.

Some false listings in terms of real value - Froot just got a repress, Let It Be is in the discount bin, The Story had a recent repress, etc. There's a decent number of titles that should absolutely be up there but haven't sold enough copies to do, but this is roughly accurate.

Back