What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

Been a long time since I've done this. I always like posting these because my list is way different from everyone else's. Lots of game soundtracks on mine, and while I'd probably never sell any of them, it's comforting to know they were a good investment.

1648662295781.png

I’m having such a hard time justifying holding on to Siamese Dream right now.

This post is pretty prescient in retrospect.

Anyway, been a while and I just updated my Discogs to remove some sold and add some new stuff, so Top 50 Median between my GF and I.

1653319660058.png

New Adds

#1: Almost Famous Uber Deluxe Box Set - Posted this in the I Did A Thing Thread on a huge Amazon discount, really great box, inflated Cogs prices to what you can buy at retail but I wish other deluxe box sets did it like this.

#11: Bleachers - Terrible Thrills Vol. 2 - The rare time I really paid an inflated re-sale price (albeit the "min" on the chart). Given Bleachers repressed Unplugged (#7) I wouldn't be shocked if TT#2 was behind it, but I doubt it'd be in time for my anniversary so...here it is.

#26: Lightnin' Hopings - Lightnin' - This is not in the condition that matches the price but a $3 thrift store find and it slaps.

#34 - Coco OST - Mondo Disney OSTs go brrrrrrr (also see #46 and #50)

#42 - Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (45RPM) - The hype was real on this one, given it is at retail still not a real price Discogs wise but sound wise the price is real

#49 - Walt Disney World Adventureland Steelband - I mentioned this in Fresh Grabs, and given what it actually goes for probably should be higher, what a little treat. Like there is no motivation to ever actually repress this stuff but it's got that Disney charm/feel to it

Percolating

There's also some interesting titles in the next 15 or so that either need a repress or have been jumping up recently that may show up soon. Here's five that

#51 - Sugarland - Love on the Inside - Discogs copies go nearly immediately and the last three Ebay sales were $100, $110, and $150

#54 - Comedy Bang! Bang! – Creak, Slam, Sit: The Jack Sjunior & Brian Pieces Saga - Prices on current sale copies for any version are really silly - great set of names on it.

#62 - Passion Pit - Manners - A victim of the too-small repress a little while back as prices have gone back up to what they were before

#63 - The Hunger Games OST - No U.S. Copies on Discogs right now and Ebay is going in three figures

The market remains pretty dumb for now it seems.

I posted exactly a year ago. Interesting to see how things moved! Surprised that most everything shot up. Defo added a few things. Sorted by median price.

View attachment 47300
Been a bit over a year. Interesting trends but pretty much stayed the same (everything rose in value but they all stayed where they are).
-I bought the Yoshiko Sai Boxset collection which puts it into #2.
-I also bought Hybrid Theory Boxset - landing in #8.
-Daft Punk rose like crazy after they called it quits so Discovery is up there.
-Uncharted Collection is rising - not sure why, maybe due to the movie?
- I sold De La Soul & the NieR boxset
- Loveless dropped in value and off the top 10 after the reissue

1653321565933.png

Looks like I last posted around mid-March. Not much change, though the Go-Betweens and Pavement box sets have climbed the ladder a bit, and Joni Mitchell's Love Has Many Faces has found it's way to this top tier. Crazy to me that there are three 7-inch titles (two Phoebe Bridgers and a Beck) in my top 50, and very cool that Playtime, Liberal Animation, Kent Harrington Boyles, and The Story of the Ghost all were $1 or less thrift store finds in great condition.

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 4.12.53 PM.png

Another 2 months since my last post here...and not a lot of changes.

I noticed that The Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness dropped from the first row to the 4th because of the recent repress....other than that there isn't anything that's too noticeable of a jump.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 225900.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-31 225956.jpg

Back