What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

I have all four of the colored reissues, and they are all creeping up in value. Crazy!

I missed out on them when they were originally reissued, but I picked up Spilt Milk randomly on Amazon back in 2017. Not sure why Amazon had a random copy 5 years after it was reissued, but by then it was considered OOP.

I did notice that the 180 gram black vinyl is going for more than the colored variant reissues...which is somewhat surprising.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 161753.JPG

I have an original promo Bellybutton, but wouldn't mind seeing a reprint of these reissues. I think Golden and RTI did a great job with Spilt Milk.

While I agree not giving him more $$$, if they drop in price, I would have no issues with buying them used.

I had no issues getting a counterfeit of Golden Age - just because I knew he wouldn't get $$ for the sale in anyway.

If you gotta place worth keeping an eye on for counterfeits... PM me?

If you gotta place worth keeping an eye on for counterfeits... PM me?

I got mine through Discogs. They block most "unofficial" releases...but some still sneak through.

This one sounds fine, but they seem to be fairly expensive for fake copies.

Last edited:
I got mine through Discogs. They block most "unofficial" releases...but some still sneak through.

This one sounds fine, but they seem to be fairly expensive for fake copies.

That’s my biggest gripe. The price for a boot.

That’s my biggest gripe. The price for a boot.

yep. I avoid them if I can...there's a few others I bought as I knew a real release wasn't going to happen in a while.

I was fooled by some "Japanese" Brian Eno reissues a few years back as they were priced right....now I make sure things are legit and only get bootlegs when I know they are bootlegs - I should say "counterfeit", as I consider bootlegs live recordings, which I do go for occasionally.

Last edited:
I’ll buy certain live boots or studio counterfeits, but I generally avoid them unless the price is low enough and it’s not officially available/affordable.

Like the first QOTSA, or Flower Travellin’ Band, perhaps an odd Peel Session, but I always prefer an official issue.

The thing is, buying used LPs doesn’t pay the band or their estate.

I’m mostly bothered by fakes passing themselves as legit offerings. Uneducated buyers are easily fooled.

They need to reissue that Frightened Rabbit again.
Still no idea why that one is so much. I mean, I get it that Scott died, but this one was $18 at the store and $125 on Discogs within months. It sounds good, but this one is on Fat Cat, so you’d think they would be jumping at the chance to take advantage of the popularity.

Now Pedestrian Verse is another story. That’s my grail. Frightened Rabbit is probably not even a blip on Atlantic’s radar, and not sure the band can afford to buy the rights. Hope something happens eventually.

I've just had a look at my discogs ordering my records according to the maximum prices paid. I was very surprised to see Lana Del Rey's "Born to die" in a blue edition limited to Germany go for 433€, Lorde 's "Melodrama" Deluxe in Blue to go for 432€ and the 3 LP set by Justice "Woman Worldwide" go for 303€.

Screenshot_20211108_221834_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've just had a look at my discogs ordering my records according to the maximum prices paid. I was very surprised to see Lana Del Rey's "Born to die" in a blue edition limited to Germany go for 433€, Lorde 's "Melodrama" Deluxe in Blue to go for 432€ and the 3 LP set by Justice "Woman Worldwide" go for 303€.

View attachment 116873
Every time I see someone with the deluxe blue Melodrama, I punch myself in the face for selling it for $45

Can’t seem to sort by 7” as I haven’t made a separate folder, but this is also my most valuable single when I scroll through My collection sorted by median value
6E57258E-FBBC-4241-A3D7-016EE5E828F7.jpeg

Back