What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

That's my favorite article Discogs does as it lets me find some really cool stuff I had never heard of and kind of window shop with the rich ones.

That Kissteria is completely bizarre though, that smells of something suspicious given the other prices...

my license plate is FROOD and I keep a towel in my trunk so I think we're on the same wavelength

edit: also
View attachment 109882

Been a fan since the radio plays, you guys?

Have these:

Want this:

Been a fan since the radio plays, you guys?

Have these:

Want this:

My dad listened to them when they aired and I grew up reading the books. Heard the original radio series on tape when I was maybe 9th grade? I probably have the whole thing memorized by this point.

2 new entries in my top 25. Cannibal Corpse & Coraline soundtrack. Number 25 always gets cutoff and it’s Albert Hammond Jr and I can’t figure out who’s dropping that kind of money on it.

45D4EBCB-1B73-4CCC-8869-1F2E412CE4C9.jpeg
9746A6F7-42FC-4A79-8A8A-2C98B162CE19.jpeg

Mostly box sets dominating mine as well but still surprised to see the 7" of Phoebe that high. Amazon was basically giving it away for quite awhile at around $2 back when she was "that one girl signed to Ryan Adams label" 😬

most valuable.png

We'll do the combined Top 25 for my GF and I, and I'm gonna steal the next 5-ish since some of the Top 25 is iffy (dupes, questionable median)
1629982401152.png

1629982393915.png

Some shakeups here.

#4: Lucy Dacus - Home Video (Webstore Deluxe) - This one is gonna be the division of the signed note vs. not signed note versions (as otherwise the only difference is a lyric book really). This is buoyed up by a double-signed version (cover and note) selling for an obscene amount, and now two other people are trying to sell lesser versions for the max price. Maybe I should too, jeez. It's a pretty variant at least

#9 - Bonnie Raitt - Luck of the Draw - this is an odd one because it's one of those Discogs v. Ebay pricing differences. The DCC version specifically is all over the board on eBay whereas it runs higher on Discogs. It's similar to #11 - Norah Jones - Live From Austin Tx

#14- Brandi Carlile - The Story and #16 - Dee Gees are both ones re-sellers are trying to make some bigger cash off of on recent release. Kind of a bummer since both are really fun

#22 - Taylor Swift - Reputation - Really Swift stans? Yeesh

#23 - Van Morrison - Astral Weeks - Not my greatest bargain pickup but really sick to have

#27 - Willie Nelson: American Outlaw - I'm still flummoxed by this becoming a relatively hard to find/expensive item. It's a lot of fun don't get me wrong but usually these RSD releases sit for a bit.

Attachments

• 1629982166050.png
    1629982166050.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 2
it's been 3 months since my last update...and once again, not much has changed.

Screenshot 2021-09-08 223737.JPG
Screenshot 2021-09-08 224003.JPG

The newest release that makes it is the S/T for Only Lovers Left Alive - which is somewhat surprising.

I have also noticed the Rush reissues are creeping up, too. Counterparts and Test For Echo are just under $200 median value.

Someone sold/bought the latest TMR Vault Bob Dylan box set for $280.

This is an interesting statistic of my collection... I have 95 records that have sold for at least $100, that's 11.5% of my collection. I have 47 that have sold between $90.00 and $99.99.

Back