What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

It's been almost a full year since i've posted mine! felt like sharing how my top 25 are looking now:

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 8.05.59 PM.png

the changes that have happened since last time:

• the most rare DOOM stuff has gone up in price, to no one's surprise
  • the loveless analog press from 2018 has gone down in price so hard that it's no longer in my top 25 anymore (😢) most likely to the new press available now
  • lorde's melodrama (blue deluxe version) has instead now climbed up to my top 25 (which i have no idea why???? lol)
  • the wonder years' the Upsides/suburbia box set is also here in the elite rank now, i am not surprised for this, i knew this thing was going to be like candy to the flippers out there. but i am happy to have it, bc i too treasure it deeply :)
  • the two Persona 5 soundtracks are here, making them my highest video-game soundtrack (and overall soundtrack) in my collection.
  • and finally, i got rid of the saturation CD box set by brockhampton. did not get too much for it, but i am fine with that, it was soooo difficult getting rid of that thing. i am a bit envious at the people who managed to make a profit off of that

This month it's just my stuff sorted by Median. A bit misleading on a lot of these but some notes

New Adds
  • Metric's Live at the Funhouse pops in at 3 with one sale, very LE and a really strong live-set. Generally live I find Metric's acoustic stuff is much stronger so this is a bit of a dream
  • The DCC version of Luck of the Draw pops in at 9, which I think is a bit high based on actual sales. Ebay's market on Bonnie is a lot softer, but it's a great pressing
  • The Westbound Maggot Brain is technically 11 but I got a huge discount because a chunk of it is nearly unplayable...but the rest is sick
  • Rome comes in at 12, just got a repress for the standard but the deluxe is gorgeous if you can fluke into it at the right price
  • Norah's Live From Austin Tx (13) is beautiful and a great companion piece to her recent live album.
  • CRJ's Kiss (16) had a small repress recently on her Canadian store...I wonder wth the rights on this are since she keeps everything else pretty well stocked but Kiss is a nightmare
There's several false alarms on here beyond that to be honest: The Dacus is unsigned so likely a lower price, Build Me Up From Bones has a cheaper/equivalent re-press, Come Away With Me doesn't have a 180 listing so that's for the 200, but it's all good.

1636126298830.png

This month it's just my stuff sorted by Median. A bit misleading on a lot of these but some notes

New Adds
  • Metric's Live at the Funhouse pops in at 3 with one sale, very LE and a really strong live-set. Generally live I find Metric's acoustic stuff is much stronger so this is a bit of a dream
  • The DCC version of Luck of the Draw pops in at 9, which I think is a bit high based on actual sales. Ebay's market on Bonnie is a lot softer, but it's a great pressing
  • The Westbound Maggot Brain is technically 11 but I got a huge discount because a chunk of it is nearly unplayable...but the rest is sick
  • Rome comes in at 12, just got a repress for the standard but the deluxe is gorgeous if you can fluke into it at the right price
  • Norah's Live From Austin Tx (13) is beautiful and a great companion piece to her recent live album.
  • CRJ's Kiss (16) had a small repress recently on her Canadian store...I wonder wth the rights on this are since she keeps everything else pretty well stocked but Kiss is a nightmare
There's several false alarms on here beyond that to be honest: The Dacus is unsigned so likely a lower price, Build Me Up From Bones has a cheaper/equivalent re-press, Come Away With Me doesn't have a 180 listing so that's for the 200, but it's all good.

View attachment 116561
I get jealous every time you post. One Cell in the Sea is one that needs a repress so badly.

I get jealous every time you post. One Cell in the Sea is one that needs a repress so badly.
Both that and Bomb in a Birdcage are near the top of that list. I know Alison has at least gone back to dabbling in music. A repress would make so many people so happy, all of her AFF stuff really

Crazy how many of my 75 most valuable is hip-hop considering it constitutes maybe 1/9th of my collection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-091125_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-091125_Chrome.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 8
Time for another 2 month update.

The Top 2-5 seem to just be swapping spots - the mono box is finally outpacing them all.

The release that wasn't on the update from 2 months ago is Joey Bada$$ – Summer Knights - this is the FYE variant. Not sure why this jumped so much.

Another that jumped is House Of 1000 Corpses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

I am surprised the original The Social Network OST hasn't dropped, as the recent reissue is much better.

Sorted by median value

Screenshot 2021-11-05 135206.JPG

Screenshot 2021-11-05 144228.JPG

Last edited:
Johnny Cash box moved up to my top 3. It's about time Manson is starting to fall a few notches. Some surprises at the end there with that Dream Theater being sold for so much now, and the new Atmosphere already though those had some very low run numbers.View attachment 116635

I both hate that I will never be able to get ASS and MA on vinyl and am simultaneously grateful that I'll never have to resist the temptation of giving a sociopath my $$$.

I both hate that I will never be able to get ASS and MA on vinyl and am simultaneously grateful that I'll never have to resist the temptation of giving a sociopath my $$$.

While I agree not giving him more $$$, if they drop in price, I would have no issues with buying them used.

I had no issues getting a counterfeit of Golden Age - just because I knew he wouldn't get $$ for the sale in anyway.

Back