What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

I sold my copy of the Don Rendell/Ian Car box set when I had a crazy offer sent my way.....thoroughly regret it.
Probably the craziest of the ones I've posted is the Beck title, which is a 7" that was limited to 150 copies and sold only at one record shop, which happened to be my local. It was going for $300 shortly after its release in 2012, and now has settled down to a median of $150.

Top 25 is pretty static overall

I'd expect Copycat Killer to plummet soon (thankfullly) and the Lori McKenna remains a false pricing. Most of the movement otherwise is Phoebe related. Other items of note include Lorde's Melodrama Deluxe and MBDTF rising right fast.

The 26-50 has seen a lot more movement recently.

1617971908741.png

iWgF959.png

Been a while so here we go..

I can’t be the only one who has dozens of records with a MIN of $2-$3 but a MAX of $200-$300. In some cases, the discrepancy is even greater:

View attachment 94934
Aqualung and Are You Experienced? are my two biggest differences. But nothing like that.

Well, I guess technically the biggest difference is the Beatles Mono Box with the minimum being $600 and max being $2013... Still can't believe I got that deal...

Top 25 is pretty static overall

I'd expect Copycat Killer to plummet soon (thankfullly) and the Lori McKenna remains a false pricing. Most of the movement otherwise is Phoebe related. Other items of note include Lorde's Melodrama Deluxe and MBDTF rising right fast.

The 26-50 has seen a lot more movement recently.

View attachment 94925
I really, really wish they would repress those A Fine Frenzy albums. I want both of them so much.
Here's mine.

https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie--Blackstar/release/7954685
top 25.png

I can’t be the only one who has dozens of records with a MIN of $2-$3 but a MAX of $200-$300. In some cases, the discrepancy is even greater:

View attachment 94934
This one always skews my most valuable albums. The $2k one is signed by the band which makes it so much.

ETA: That $2K is not mine! I still have my OG that I bought at Tower Records in NYC, and sadly, it's not autographed :(

1617986710833.png

Last edited:
Sorted by median price... that Mad Season 10" is the most valuable for a single piece of vinyl. The PJ Constitution Hall Vault is 3 LPs as is the PJ20 set. Others in top row are box sets of 4 or more LPs
1617987115078.png

Back