What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

mostly box sets, pearl jam, and pink floyd.

View attachment 68914

it's been six months i suppose, let's see what changed.

Untitled.png

brand new to the list and immediately jumping to near top ten is that ridiculous limited rolling stones 'let it bleed' from last year's rsdbf. other newcomers include 8xlp and 5xlp dave matthews live trax box sets, the basketball picture disc of pearl jam's 'ten' (looks like there was a spate of higher priced sales late last year- i suspect people unknowingly buying nearly identical fakes...), phish's 'rift' (also buoyed a number of recent higher priced sales), an original uk pressing of the smashing pumpkins' 'siamese dream' (10 very high sales since january...), the pearl jam seattle 93 vault release, and the rsd reissue from a few years ago of garbage's s/t debut. otherwise some minor shuffling around, which i guess is to be expected.

View attachment 94973

brand new to the list and immediately jumping to near top ten is that ridiculous limited rolling stones 'let it bleed' from last year's rsdbf. other newcomers include 8xlp and 5xlp dave matthews live trax box sets, the basketball picture disc of pearl jam's 'ten' (looks like there was a spate of higher priced sales late last year- i suspect people unknowingly buying nearly identical fakes...), phish's 'rift' (also buoyed a number of recent higher priced sales), an original uk pressing of the smashing pumpkins' 'siamese dream' (10 very high sales since january...), the pearl jam seattle 93 vault release, and the rsd reissue from a few years ago of garbage's s/t debut. otherwise some minor shuffling around, which i guess is to be expected.
Looking at your most valuable, I just realized that I never added that PJ 1991-2013 box set to my discogs! That jumps into second place in my most valuable by median behind the Benny. Because I'm insane, I also bought an empty box (which I think was about $50 or so) and put all of my PJ OG's in it.

1617993212218.png

Oh man, I'm so happy to have grabbed that Welcome To The Hills album in swaps, can't wait to spin it I wonder what it's going fo-NNGOOO!

Pain.

Absolute travesty if he doesn't press some more. Such a great album.

Passed on the vmp one in anticipation of a standard pressing.

Pretty much the same. Is there a way to just show non box set items?

View attachment 94979
Just found another album that was incorrectly entered in my discogs - Frightened Rabbit 10th Anniversary edition of The Midnight Organ Fight. That moves up to #18 in my most valuable sorted by median.

We were in Scotland to see The National in summer of 2019 and I found it along with the Tiny Changes tribute album in a shop in Edinburgh. It seemed proper to buy both of those records there. Took the train to Glasgow a few days later, visited Scott's bench in Kelvingrove and was on the rail for both National shows. Lauren Mayberry of Chvrches was there on night one and performed My Backwards Walk with them in tribute to Scott. Damn, I miss shows and I miss travel.

For all you with Phoebe Bridgers albums in your top 25, I feel like now is the time to sell those and use the funds to buy the black vinyl and 9 other albums you want. Crazy how much her albums go for.
Crazy indeed. Especially the two 7" records. Very tempting.

View attachment 94973

That Garbage s/t haunts me. I can’t understand why that album hasn’t seen a wider reissue!

I have CDs and DVDs lumped together without separate folders for box sets, but otherwise, very similar Discogs set up. Nice work on that Goats Head Soup!
Yep, lucky spot, think someone on here posted it up as on sale ...I briefly had the sticky fingers red in my basket for 5 seconds before the site froze ..and the. It was gone ....

For all you with Phoebe Bridgers albums in your top 25, I feel like now is the time to sell those and use the funds to buy the black vinyl and 9 other albums you want. Crazy how much her albums go for.
I tend to agree. I want to keep my Killer but that Purple SITA could fund two of my most wanted remainder records or a new cartridge or a nice gift for my exceedingly patient girlfriend who deals with this hobby

Back