What's Spinning

Korn ‎– Take A Look In The Mirror
Epic/Immortal Records ‎– 19075843991, 2003/2018

Special cut on side D - Track D2 ends in a silent locked groove. The needle needs to be lifted and placed back on to play track D3, a live cover of Metallica's "One".

Pressed at MRP/GZ

V6tloi.jpg

zr0z9n.jpg

yFnsOL.jpg

@Turbo's Recommended 2020 Releases

I've been discovering a lot of great new music this year. These are 2020 releases that I've been spinning a lot.

#1 The Buttertones "Jazz Hound"
#2 Baxter Dury "The Night Chancers"
#3 Jessie Ware "What's Your Pleasure?"
#4 Yves Tumor "Heaven To A Tortured Mind"
#5 Sammy Brue "Crash Test Kid"
#6 Sorry "925"
#7 Destroyer "Have We Met?"

#8 Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes "What Kinda Music"
Collaborative album by musicians from the London jazz scene. Blends jazz elements with electronics, rap and vocals into a form of modern psychedelic jazz-funk. The album starts with smooth vocal jazz tracks and evolves into looser jazz-funk by the end. This is one I've been gravitating back to for those early morning spins. Standouts are "Sensational", "Nightrider", "Kyiv", "Last 100" and "What Kinda Music".

IMG_0631.JPG

Thanks! I really like them, love the rich, warm tube sound! I can imagine that they’re not that big outside the UK & Europe to be honest, that said they were taken over by IAG, who own Luxman amongst other bigger brands, so they may become more common in dealers that stocks that stuff.

Here’s a picture of them happily glowing along to the new Dylan record!

View attachment 57169
SWEET! I've come to love that logo haha!
I also have a (older) Quad amp and pre-amp, inherited from my Dad who I think got them in the 80s. They sound sweet although not nearly as pretty as @Joe Mac's

View attachment 57215

Nice! Those look like they probably go back a ways and I suppose it's a testament to Quad they're continuing to provide enjoyment. And yeah, @Joe Mac wins the prize hands down with that warm glow and those awesome wooden platforms. Mine have a much more no-frills look to them, but I'm pretty happy with what's inside. :)

Back