What's Spinning

Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter

Finally on vinyl. This sounds as good as it looks!

View attachment 57145View attachment 57147
Just noticing the equipment you've listed and imagining those Quad mono blocks are pretty sweet! I recently upgraded my system to Quad Artera Stereo (power amp) and Play+ (preamp + DAC + CD player) and I'm pretty happy with them. But I think yours is the first Quad component I've seen listed, and I don't think it's a common brand in the US.

Just noticing the equipment you've listed and imagining those Quad mono blocks are pretty sweet! I recently upgraded my system to Quad Artera Stereo (power amp) and Play+ (preamp + DAC + CD player) and I'm pretty happy with them. But I think yours is the first Quad component I've seen listed, and I don't think it's a common brand in the US.

Thanks! I really like them, love the rich, warm tube sound! I can imagine that they’re not that big outside the UK & Europe to be honest, that said they were taken over by IAG, who own Luxman amongst other bigger brands, so they may become more common in dealers that stocks that stuff.

Here’s a picture of them happily glowing along to the new Dylan record!

2158577E-7145-41DD-B319-BF13A43C9C23.jpeg

@Turbo's Recommended 2020 Releases

I've been discovering a lot of great new music this year. These are 2020 releases that I've been spinning a lot.

#1 The Buttertones "Jazz Hound"
#2 Baxter Dury "The Night Chancers"
#3 Jessie Ware "What's Your Pleasure?"
#4 Yves Tumor "Heaven To A Tortured Mind"
#5 Sammy Brue "Crash Test Kid"
#6 Sorry "925"

#7 Destroyer "Have We Met?"
This was an early 2020 release. I got into Destroyer with "Kaputt". Loved the clear nods to 80's pop on that record, saxophone and all. I wasn't as big a fan of the follow-up but "Ken" was pretty great. I think "Have We Met?" is his best since "Kaputt". The lyrics are nostalgic, witty and sincere as always and the synthpop arrangements suit them well. Standouts are "It Just Doesn't Happen", "Cue Synthesizer", "The Raven" and "Crimson Tide".

IMG_0625.JPG

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#251: Wayne Shorter - Etcetera

#252: Simon & Garfunkel - The Simon & Garfunkel Collection

IMG_20200716_064817.jpg

Back