What's Spinning

Can't agree more about the sound! Some on here say the 2017 version sounds better but I don't see how it could be better than this one.

I just played both back to back over several tracks and honestly, I have a hard time to hear much of a difference on my system. Maybe the highs are clearer on the VMP while the 2017 has more "fullness" (reverb?) in the mids? I'm having a hard time to describe it but either way, it's subtle to my ears. I would be happy with the sound of either.

It worked on my wife. So basically just look over your shoulder every now and then for the next couple weeks. 😁
Oh shit is she coming for me?

-the record leopard flees into the local used vinyl emporium where it uses its natural camouflage to blend in amongst the numerous hipsters and copies of Herb Alperts "Whipped Cream"... It is safe... FOR NOW-

SWEET! I've come to love that logo haha!

Nice! Those look like they probably go back a ways and I suppose it's a testament to Quad they're continuing to provide enjoyment. And yeah, @Joe Mac wins the prize hands down with that warm glow and those awesome wooden platforms. Mine have a much more no-frills look to them, but I'm pretty happy with what's inside. :)

Cheers! They didn’t come with the stands though. I had them and the box I have my turntable in made by a guy who does that kinda thing lol!

The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
0E7280E9-BB02-4280-A090-26F727B5F554.jpeg

Just listened to this against my 2010 repress and the 2018 half speed remaster is an improvement. Less muddy, more range, less static. It’s better pressed and better cut. I would imagine an OG Artisan pressing is still the best way to go but as far as represses go this one is very good quality. My biggest critique is more from an aesthetic standpoint. Instead of doing the pocket gatefold they did a traditional standard gatefold. It’s a small thing but I would have preferred if they did a reproduction as close to the original as possible (like the Beatles reissues).

Back