What's Spinning

How does the colour variant look? 👀
Amazing 🤩 that picture doesn't do it justice since it's from an angle and the record is in motion. It looks almost exactly like the mock-up! Also... it sounds fantastic. Whoever pressed it or mastered it for vinyl did a great job, I had mine turned up fairly loud and didn't notice hardly any flaws with the sound! This album will be getting a ton of spins from me for sure 😊
20200717_213050.jpg

Amazing 🤩 that picture doesn't do it justice since it's from an angle and the record is in motion. It looks almost exactly like the mock-up! Also... it sounds fantastic. Whoever pressed it or mastered it for vinyl did a great job, I had mine turned up fairly loud and didn't notice hardly any flaws with the sound! This album will be getting a ton of spins from me for sure 😊
View attachment 57182
Omgg, it looks absolutely amazing! 😍😍😍

Can’t wait to receive mine! I think I chose mine to get shipped with the 1000 Gecs smoke green, so I’ll get mine next month or in September! Can’t wait though! 😄😄😄

So happy I went with this colour variant! It couldn’t have looked any better! 😍

Prince Paul - A Prince Among Thieves (Tommy Boy, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)

Never heard this album before but I like what I hear. Very good pressing as well, sounds awsome!

View attachment 57043
I’m so happy you are really enjoying this one! I love this album so much and this is a great hip-hop album to play back to back with De La Soul’s 3 Feet High & Rising!

Happy birthday Ian Stewart.

Ian was a founding member of The Rolling Stones but was sacked because he was deemed "too ugly". Apparently, there were no mirrors available to the band in those days. He remained as road manager and piano player until he died in the waiting room of his doctor in 1985 at the age of 47.

"Ian Stewart. I'm still working for him. To me. The Rolling Stones is his band.Without his knowledge and organization, we'd be nowhere." - Keith Richards

This is perhaps his finest moment, a song he played on improvised in his honor by Led Zeppelin...

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

20200322_015019.jpg

Just noticing the equipment you've listed and imagining those Quad mono blocks are pretty sweet! I recently upgraded my system to Quad Artera Stereo (power amp) and Play+ (preamp + DAC + CD player) and I'm pretty happy with them. But I think yours is the first Quad component I've seen listed, and I don't think it's a common brand in the US.
I also have a (older) Quad amp and pre-amp, inherited from my Dad who I think got them in the 80s. They sound sweet although not nearly as pretty as @Joe Mac's

20200718_084821.jpg

My collection #714

Led Zeppelin - The Complete BBC Sessions

And what better to blast out of the Quads than this slice of magnificent early Zeppelin. Don't know why I slept on this so long (well, I do know - I have the original CD release) but so glad I got this. Even though many of the tracks are repeated, it's fabulous to hear Robert Plant in such good voice and the songs before they got blown up into 20-minute monsters.

20200718_091058.jpg

Back