Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Rappcats flipped their own product for $400.
giphy.gif

They all just want a piece of the pie but you're right. Most people do not really understand it the second hand market. I've been to record stores where they are pricing things around listing prices on discogs instead of even median values. They think "well--it's listed at $150 so you can't buy it for cheaper than that!" Yet nobody has even purchased that record at anywhere near that price. Listed prices on albums have gone CRAZY the past few months it seems too.

Look at Rappcats and how they sold some leftover copies of the Zamrock box, which I believe was list price of $225 on VMP:

The Story of Zamrock has been long sold out via Vinyl Me, Please. These are the last remaining copies – which we are happy to offer for half of the lowest listing on Discogs.

There was one listing on discogs at that point, which was $800. Rappcats flipped their own product for $400. That's INSANE to me. These companies are manufacturing things with false scarcity, then using that to justify raising prices because the "resale value" is high. They are setting the market rate themselves and then trying to use that to justify represses to charge more money. Just because one person bought Blonde for $1,500 on discogs doesn't mean Frank Ocean should charge $1,000 for his next LP.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Getting together a buyers club (where multiple people within a group buy each others product with no intentions of paying in order to set the new floor for what something is worth) is where the money is truly at for the flippers. It’s been happening for over a decade with sports cards and is starting to happen now with vinyl, but I don’t think it’ll have the longevity as we see with sports collectibles.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Getting together a buyers club (where multiple people within a group buy each others product with no intentions of paying in order to set the new floor for what something is worth) is where the money is truly at for the flippers. It’s been happening for over a decade with sports cards and is starting to happen now with vinyl, but I don’t think it’ll have the longevity as we see with sports collectibles.
Yep--I bring this up with people now ever since you talked about it awhile back haha. I was talking to a guy on a facebook group the other day about the VMP anthologies. He buys two of every anthology because of how the prices have "skyrocketed" on all of them. Yet he has had his Zamrock box listed for $450 for the past few months and nobody is even sending any inquiries to him about it.

This is where I take issue with how that sub is moderated (as a mod of r/vinylcollectors, which is a larger sub with nearly 5x the subscribers) -

A 1am-6am poll conducted to provide the answer they wanted, with a pretty clear intent in the post and a sarcastic "You asked. You have it", and then locking the post for comments.

That sub is just a disaster right now, and the Mods need to get their shit together.

Here's the profile pic of the mod handing out the bans & shutting down the talk

6EQQLHZGjDGchm90lu4KXqTEpdDLNzviSx0H6_iprMM.png

And here's Vinceron's ebay profile pic

new_lion_bd4aee08-9b90-4c14-a34d-36d62408339c.jpg

Is there a fox in the hen house?

Here's the profile pic of the mod handing out the bans & shutting down the talk

View attachment 60090

And here's Vinceron's ebay profile pic

View attachment 60091

Is there a fox in the hen house?
Hahah. Vinyl Me, Pepesilvia

giphy.gif

I will say that I have heard that at least one mod on Reddit is a VMP employee and people messaged me on reddit after my post was taken down to tell me that the mod handing out bans works for VMP...

l say that I have heard that at least one mod on Reddit is a VMP employee and people messaged me on reddit after my post was taken down to tell me that the mod handing out bans works for VMP...
I believe the mod who was a VMP employee is no longer a mod (and wasn't really active prior to being removed after the issues last fall).

I don't think the mod handing out bans and posting 1am polls is a VMP employee. I think they just don't know what they're doing, and likely didn't consult the other mods based on their responses.

so even though i swapped out BVSC for extra credit and then tacked on the rap track to swap for a copy of BVSC that would come eventually, they shipped BVSC today along with the classics track. doesn't appear the other stuff that was supposed to "ship with the ROTM" was included though.

glad things are still operationally sound.

VMP social media replied to my poll and said they forwarded to "higher ups". I thanked them and suggested that transparency here could go a long way.

We'll see what happens. I don't expect much.

I mean, people have been asking them to do something about Vinceron for years.

Seems really bizarre to me that they've been getting slammed about it for 48 hours now, but refuse to even address whether or not they're associated with the guy. Makes me think they probably are, though that boilerplate reply honestly like doesn't inspire much hope.

Back