Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Giving another mention here, as it had a VMP variant.

Not pushing FOMO, but pushing good music/people and a label doing awesome stuff for their culture.

Steve & Teresa: Catching a Wave
VMP - Sold Out
Clear - Now Sold Out
Black is left - Catching A Wave (AGS-038), by Steve & Teresa
Good catch, might have to grab a standard or Sound Waves version since I have a feeling the VMP one is going to take a bit longer as all of my other pre-orders have.

One of my absolute favorite labels, they’re killing it as of late

I laughed at "plated at QRP, pressed at GZ"

That's like going to a Michelin starred restaurant and being told, "it was plated here but cooked at McDonald's".
I will say, I have had some good sounding stuff pressed from GZ. But agreed. It makes NO sense to me to do it this way hah. QRP must be totally swamped. I think RTI was (maybe still is?) shut down for a bit. Just a really bizarre choice, especially selling GZ at $50/album.

I will say, I have had some good sounding stuff pressed from GZ. But agreed. It makes NO sense to me to do it this way hah. QRP must be totally swamped. I think RTI was (maybe still is?) shut down for a bit. Just a really bizarre choice, especially selling GZ at $50/album.
Does QRP have many color options? Yeah the pricing is crazy, I thought VMP and Neil Young were the only ones that do box sets that are price gouged instead of good deals, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

Does QRP have many color options? Yeah the pricing is crazy, I thought VMP and Neil Young were the only ones that do box sets that are price gouged instead of good deals, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.
They appear to be black vinyl though right?
sparklehorse02938_4119222c-646b-4f1f-9e1c-93ed88e79430_1920x.jpg

hahah I know. Yea it's the Sparklehorse one. For some reason they chose to plate it at QRP but press it at GZ. I haven't really seen that done much so it seems like a very strange decision.
Really bizarre. Maybe QRP was too backed up? Definitely should have lowered the price if so.

have you seen prices on Discogs of original pressings? Even reissues are... steep.
but there is no reaason reissues of out of print stuff should be priced high because of high discogs prices. These pj harvey reissues are around 20$ with discogs prices in the hundreds. I love sparklehorse but a boxset for 60$ an album is highway robbery and i'm not going to support that. But maybe the new vmp strategy against flippers is charging flipper prices from the start

have you seen prices on Discogs of original pressings? Even reissues are... steep.
I think I've talked myself out of Sparklehorse (for now). I can't imagine they will stay VMP exclusive for long. I could see them all be released individually before this box set is in anyone's hands. I'm not sure I NEED all four albums, so I will just wait.

Until I'm drunk.
Hoping fora similar situation than the woodstock boxset, where rhino sold the individual volumes for about half the vmp price

Back