Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I will say, I have had some good sounding stuff pressed from GZ. But agreed. It makes NO sense to me to do it this way hah. QRP must be totally swamped. I think RTI was (maybe still is?) shut down for a bit. Just a really bizarre choice, especially selling GZ at $50/album.
Oh I completely agree I've had some great stuff pressed at GZ, but I've also had some great stuff pressed at Rainbo... But the consistency is just not there for me to fork out big bucks for stuff they press unless I can read a review first.

I don't disagree, but that just means they're not alone in it.
Yea--I think it's pretty shitty but it's a common thing in vinyl sales now it seems...shoutout to all the places like Backwoodz that sold extra copies of their limited albums at retail cost when they probably could have flipped them for more to make a quick buck.

also i understand the thought of the 50 bucks per album thing.... but per LP price is much cheaper at about 35 an LP for the non member price, and about 27 bucks an LP for members (still overpriced for black vinyl at Gz but i can take it)

do you count as a flipper if you overprice your own stuff

its more they are a bougie lifestyle brand overpricing their stuff
giphy.gif

also i understand the thought of the 50 bucks per album thing.... but per LP price is much cheaper at about 35 an LP for the non member price, and about 27 bucks an LP for members (still overpriced for black vinyl at Gz but i can take it)
3 of the 7 LPS though are just etchings on one side. It's still overpriced for something pressed at GZ. Which is a shame...if a 20% coupon shows up somehow, I might end up buying it because I love Sparklehorse but as of right now, it's a hard sell for me.

I mean...a ton of labels are raising prices due to secondary market pricing. Look at the whole Milo release issue that happened a month or so ago. It's crazy, but VMP wouldn't be the first one to do this.
Though, I don't think these places realize that thousands of customers don't want and are not willing to pay flipper prices. It's not like thousands of copies are being sold of these secondary market expensive records. Most are 1 or 2 per month on Discogs. And even Vinceron is only selling in the tens and on a handful of records allegedly in the hundreds.

They've become enamored with the median price when that reflects 10-20 sales? Or getting 100 people to pay $35 for a OOP $23 record. The Anthology series and the other expensive releases that just hang around shows that this isn't working for them. Its not a sustainable market for thousands and thousands of customers.

But most 2xLPs are nowhere near the price of 2 albums, for obvious reasons.

Though, I don't think these places realize that thousands of customers don't want and are not willing to pay flipper prices. It's not like thousands of copies are being sold of these secondary market expensive records. Most are 1 or 2 per month on Discogs. And even Vinceron is only selling in the tens and on a handful of records allegedly in the hundreds.
Exactly, and that's where complaints about how much VMP leans into FOMO come into play. They're manufacturing a perception of scarcity to justify getting a bigger bite at the apple at first sale, which they're justifying based on the sales on the secondary market where there is actual scarcity.

Does QRP have many color options?
Even though I actually did buy the box I laughed about this when I saw the colors on the Dead box that QRP's pressing. It's all basic primary colors. I imagined VMP being like:

VMP - "Yo fam, we totally can't wait to get this hype box set pressed, what sick colour combos do ya have for us?"
QRP- "Green."
VMP- "Wazzat?"
QRP- "Or red."
VMP- "Like tie dyed or...."
QRP- "Like green."
VMP- "Cool.... cool cool cool... like a split or."
QRP- "No."
VMP- "K."

Last edited:

They've become enamored with the median price when that reflects 10-20 sales? Or getting 100 people to pay $35 for a OOP $23 record. The Anthology series and the other expensive releases that just hang around shows that this isn't working for them
They all just want a piece of the pie but you're right. Most people do not really understand it the second hand market. I've been to record stores where they are pricing things around listing prices on discogs instead of even median values. They think "well--it's listed at $150 so you can't buy it for cheaper than that!" Yet nobody has even purchased that record at anywhere near that price. Listed prices on albums have gone CRAZY the past few months it seems too.

Look at Rappcats and how they sold some leftover copies of the Zamrock box, which I believe was list price of $225 on VMP:

The Story of Zamrock has been long sold out via Vinyl Me, Please. These are the last remaining copies – which we are happy to offer for half of the lowest listing on Discogs.

There was one listing on discogs at that point, which was $800. Rappcats flipped their own product for $400. That's INSANE to me. These companies are manufacturing things with false scarcity, then using that to justify raising prices because the "resale value" is high. They are setting the market rate themselves and then trying to use that to justify represses to charge more money. Just because one person bought Blonde for $1,500 on discogs doesn't mean Frank Ocean should charge $1,000 for his next LP.

Are they no longer accepting new memberships? Have scoured the info page a few times, and don't see a link to join.

Thanks, that is the same info page link I shared. Maybe there is a sign up link on there somewhere...but I surely haven't been able to locate it.

EDIT: my adblocker was removing it. All set now.

Hope they actually do revisit them.
Funny enough, I was trying to check stock on the Sparklehorse box set and a pop up came up that said "limit 2 per order". Not 2 per customer...2 per order. So theoretically I could just do a bunch of orders of 2 box sets if I wanted to flip 'em.

I get that if flippers are using multiple accounts, and bots and things it may be hard to track flippers. But it surely can't be that difficult to find someone like Vinceron.

Thanks, that is the same info page link I shared. Maybe there is a sign up link on there somewhere...but I surely haven't been able to locate it.

EDIT: my adblocker was removing it. All set now.
I was gonna suggest that haha. It showed the sign up link for me there. Seems like a cool label!

Funny story about The Glands, I kept holding off and it eventually sold out and then there was a reasonable priced copy on on Amazon and I didn’t pull the trigger and it eventually sold out. Then last week I was on the New West website due to there store sale and Lo and behold...
I swear it was sold out so I don’t know if they found more copies or if they repressed or if this is an error (No shipping notification yet) but I finally purchased a copy.
I just got my shipping notice so it must have been a restock.

Back