Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I mean, people have been asking them to do something about Vinceron for years.

Seems really bizarre to me that they've been getting slammed about it for 48 hours now, but refuse to even address whether or not they're associated with the guy. Makes me think they probably are, though that boilerplate reply honestly like doesn't inspire much hope.
There has been a lot of negative VMP sentiment lately with all their logistics issues and the reddit sub has a TON of subscribers now. It’s at almost 12,000 subscribers. You can’t go on their twitter without seeing some response about Vinceron to everything they tweet. They are likely hoping it dies down and will not end up having to say anything about it. I don’t know that they are in cahoots with Vinceron. I just agree that they know about him but have turned a blind eye. They likely don’t care about him buying hundreds of copies of albums because it’s hundreds of sales. It’ll be interesting to see if anything comes of it but I doubt it will.

There has been a lot of negative VMP sentiment lately with all their logistics issues and the reddit sub has a TON of subscribers now. It’s at almost 12,000 subscribers. You can’t go on their twitter without seeing some response about Vinceron to everything they tweet. They are likely hoping it dies down and will not end up having to say anything about it. I don’t know that they are in cahoots with Vinceron. I just agree that they know about him but have turned a blind eye. They likely don’t care about him buying hundreds of copies of albums because it’s hundreds of sales. It’ll be interesting to see if anything comes of it but I doubt it will.
They're going to do everything they can to have their cake and eat it too. Why would they give up 100's (or more) sales to flippers if regular customers are still buying. Now....if they see subscribers leaving in droves due to the issue then perhaps they'll take action. But if all they have is squawking but they're keeping all (or the majority of - cause sure they'll lose some people over this but prob people who were on the precipice already due to all other issues) their sales, then they can probably live with that. If they're motivated by money, which they surely are as a business, then the smart move is to keep allowing people like Vinceron to keep on keeping on.

Last edited:
They're going to do everything they can to have their cake and eat it too. Why would they give up 100's (or more) sales to flippers if regular customers are still buying. Now....if they see subscribers leaving in droves due to the issue then perhaps they'll take action. But if all they have is squawking but they're keeping all (or the majority of - cause sure they'll lose some people over this but prob people who were on the precipice already due to all other issues) their sales, then they can probably live with that. If they're motivated by money, which they surely are as a business, then the smart move is to keep allowing people like Vinceron to keep on keeping on.
The thing you're missing here is that in many cases, Vinceron is emptying their stock. Regular customers AREN'T buying, because they can't - there's no inventory. That is a missed opportunity for VMP to convert a single purchase into a continuing revenue stream of a subscriber.

Worse, it damages their goodwill, and likely pretty badly. Intangible assets matter, too! ;)

If they are motivated by money, and care about sustainable growth and cash flow, the smart business move is to do the opposite of the underlined.

The thing you're missing here is that in many cases, Vinceron is emptying their stock. Regular customers AREN'T buying, because they can't - there's no inventory. That is a missed opportunity for VMP to convert a single purchase into a continuing revenue stream of a subscriber.

Worse, it damages their goodwill, and likely pretty badly. Intangible assets matter, too! ;)

If they are motivated by money, and care about sustainable growth and cash flow, the smart business move is to do the opposite of the underlined.

Fair. That’s a good point. I guess it really does depend on how put off individuals get and what you say is def a factor. As well, as none of us have an unobscured view of VMP’s business, all of our points on what would be a smart business move for them are speculative. But I’m picking up what you’re putting down. We can all agree this is some juicy shit and I’ve definitely got my popcorn.

It is only the 6th but I had hoped they would prioritize those that got screwed over last month. Sadly that probably will not be the case
new.gif

(sorry haha)

No but it was a dream. I was only supposed to get the Tyner last month
Crazy you still haven't gotten it. I have a feeling BVSC will have the same fate this month.

I picture Pauly responding to CS emails using speech to text software that doesn't quite work well while packaging records into their sleeves in a boiler room in VMP's basement.

Orders: Fiona (months ago), BVSC, McCoy Tyner

Shipping Info:

VMP: doing lines of coke with the money I loaned them and planning future scams (“Bro, people will totally pay us $700 for a box set of Herbie Hancock’s 80s output”)
Yea...I feel dumb for rejoining for Spiritualized + BVSC when I had so many outstanding orders...I have cancelled a few but still waiting on Fiona and a few other preorders...

I rejoined after a 6 month hiatus for Tyner, and though my shipments have been fine so far, its disconcerting to see the same issues that had become prominent at the end of last year still going on.

It does make me wonder - are the people who are vocal on these forums a vocal minority, and most of their huge subscriber base goes month to month with few issues? Or do most people who pay for this service every month just not care as much as the people in here or on Reddit?

I rejoined after a 6 month hiatus for Tyner, and though my shipments have been fine so far, its disconcerting to see the same issues that had become prominent at the end of last year still going on.

It does make me wonder - are the people who are vocal on these forums a vocal minority, and most of their huge subscriber base goes month to month with few issues? Or do most people who pay for this service every month just not care as much as the people in here or on Reddit?
I've been a member of VMP for years now and have had way fewer issues than a lot of people, but when I have had issues (other than the occasional warp) it tends to be sorted relatively quickly. I think its a balance of luck and who you get when you message CS.

With that being said there have obviously been a TON of doozies in the past.

I've been a member of VMP for years now and have had way fewer issues than a lot of people, but when I have had issues (other than the occasional warp) it tends to be sorted relatively quickly. I think its a balance of luck and who you get when you message CS.

With that being said there have obviously been a TON of doozies in the past.

i am in the majority (i'd assume) of customers that just don't pay attention and wait for the ROTM to arrive. a record has never been noticeably late. I've only had to contact support a couple of times when they send the wrong variant and it took about a week to hear back.

My main gripe with VMP is with pre-orders, i find myself constantly waiting for records weeks after release date because of delays

i am in the majority (i'd assume) of customers that just don't pay attention and wait for the ROTM to arrive. a record has never been noticeably late. I've only had to contact support a couple of times when they send the wrong variant and it took about a week to hear back.

My main gripe with VMP is with pre-orders, i find myself constantly waiting for records weeks after release date because of delays
Yeah the delays are annoying for sure. Im in the situation where its usually cheaper for me to get a VMP exclusive from the US over ordering a copy from the next town across from me (when postage is considered). I don't really mind waiting as music isn't time-sensitive, but it does annoy me when there's constant delays which we are not told about until we ask for an update ourself.

I have been a member since 2016 but stopped after the store/shipping sh!tshow at the end of 2019. I generally have not had problems other than the odd seam split and a scratch. I have been bottom of the stack plenty of times but this is the first time they have forgot (or whatever the excuse) to shit a ROTM.

I don't like the term "vocal minority" as it makes people sound like they are whinging about every minor infraction. But it is annoying to see people getting replacement copies for records that have not even shipped for others. I think there is always a small number (different people each time) that totally get hosed over and it takes a lot of effort on their part to get any response from CS.

Back