Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I always hate recency bias but I swear this VMP Jeff Buckley sounds better than the standard Columbia reissue I already own. Things seem more clear and I'm hearing an echo effect I didn't hear before. I'm sure they're the same mix.
The Buckley sounds great. Not sure about the original Columbia press but it sounds great.

Anyone else get the Willie Colon release? I'm listening to it now and the horns are just.... brutal. Like absolutely shrill and almost hard to listen to. I'm going to give it a cleaning to see if that helps but yikes.
That’s not good news. My copy came in yesterday but I didnt have the chance to spin it yet.

aparently peggy is in january and i dont care about the color differences because whatever i bought them because i wanted the album anyway, it still fits the main idea of the color, and i get free shipping

I know I hate those releases that sort of fly under the radar and you miss out. Thank god I got De La Soul is dead because I never would have got over that one. Surprise drops can be cool n all but for something really popular a bit of advance warning on a coming soon section would be nice
Exactly part of being a member of a “club” should at least be some notification so members can buy albums from the club that they’re in without having to randomly checking Reddit.

Exactly part of being a member of a “club” should at least be some notification so members can buy albums from the club that they’re in without having to randomly checking Reddit.

Yeah their new system is quite counter intuitive. It’s almost like they said “let’s make it harder for people to find out when we drop albums in the store.” I thought they would have resorted to more frequent email blasts by now, but I guess not.

Oh well, at least this new system is “intentional...”

Mine looks almost blue, and really dark when not in the light.

View attachment 22387View attachment 22388
The vinyl just looks black when it’s on the turntable.....That’s unacceptable 🙅‍♂️

I don’t get it. Did the pressing plant - Rainbo - not see the colour of the vinyl when it was getting made? This is outrageous in terms of quality control! 😤

The workers who choose the colouring for the vinyl obviously don’t give a shit or the manager doesn’t give a shit! 🤦‍♂️

And does VMP not communicate clearly what colour they want the variant to be?!?!? 🤷‍♂️

The vinyl just looks black when it’s on the turntable.....That’s unacceptable 🙅‍♂️

I don’t get it. Did the pressing plant - Rainbo - not see the colour of the vinyl when it was getting made? This is outrageous in terms of quality control! 😤

The workers who choose the colouring for the vinyl obviously don’t give a shit or the manager doesn’t give a shit! 🤦‍♂️

And does VMP not communicate clearly what colour they want the variant to be?!?!? 🤷‍♂️
I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal if it wasn't meant to be a Christmas color pattern. I really wouldn't mind if I didn't have to hold it to the light to get that color, but damn it's pretty dark.

Absolutely, living in Australia and having releases drop at 3.30am compounds the issue. Just 24 hours notice that something is going to be going on sale for members would be nice. I don't know why that's so hard.

Also so glad I was able to grab the VMP FKA twigs. Album of the damn year.
Actually, I take what I said back! This might be the album of the year for me too actually! I understand this album completely now, after reading about her undergoing that operation and how she looked up to Mary Magdalene, and about her past relationship with Robert Pattinson! I listened closely to the lyrics too and......here is just a bit on how I feel!

You know, when I heard the song “Home With You”, I liked it for its schizophrenic quality, with her sounding poignant and twitching in the first bars of the verse, then sounding like she’s turning into an evil, bitter witch wanting revenge, then out of nowhere on the chorus, sounding mournful, angelic and affectionate. But then I listened to the album properly and that song made me cry when I really understood the tones and lyrics. And then “Sad Day” came on, and I had goosebumps. Hearing the delicate, raw, untouched, virgin-like piano ballad “Cellophane” in the context of this album was overwhelming! The amount of grief, purity, and desperation in her voice had me really pulled back! The stirring, swelling, sickening aesthetic of the song and FKA’s honest, touching lyrics had me actually crying!

Last time I’ve cried was Frank Ocean’s Blonde when I heard Self-Control and White Ferrari, but in a sense, they were tears of joy because of how happy I was. With these FKA Twigs tracks, I felt like the tears were not only because they are touching songs, but because FKA Twigs is such a strong woman and she looked to Mary Magdalene for strength and she pulled through all the pain mentally and physically and created something so special!

I cannot wait to hear MAGDALENE on vinyl now! It’s quickly becoming one of my favourite albums of the year! 🙏♥️

Back