Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh god last year was so shit! I was still a fan of theirs back then but that was definitely a turning point in my relationship with them, sought after albums in the bag, monster crash, all sold out, members codes distributed to and used by non members etc etc etc.

Lets just say this year I’ll be giving it a wide berth!
I remember you really, really wanted that Idles “Joy as an Act of Resistance” VMP exclusive! I remember I was like awwwwww ‘poor baby Joe’!

I remember going to work late because of the 3 hour delay in getting the web back to normal again! And I remember when my manager asked why I was like, I said “this vinyl company had a huge sale and their website crashed and I had to wait quite a while to buy all the vinyls I wanted” 😂😂😂

I remember you really, really wanted that Idles “Joy as an Act of Resistance” VMP exclusive! I remember I was like awwwwww ‘poor baby Joe’!

I remember going to work late because of the 3 hour delay in getting the web back to normal again! And I remember when my manager asked why I was like, I said “this vinyl company had a huge sale and their website crashed and I had to wait quite a while to buy all the vinyls I wanted” 😂😂😂

I had the bastard and it crashed as I paid and then it was gone. Eugh! I have it on black vinyl, it’s great, fuck them!

I hope Storf gives an update for us today on how many exclusives are dropping this week, and which days all exclusives will be dropping!

I’m anticipating a Bon Iver, Still Woozy, JPEGMAFIA & Fiona Apple exclusives very, very soon and I cannot miss out on any of these exclusives!!!

Super excited for everything VMP will drop this week! I’m expecting some 🔥🔥🔥 drops!

Just got my shipment today and listened to Joel Ross first, which sounds pretty great other than a brief amount of surface noise in the first track. So there are some good copies out there!
Nuh uh. Nope, lies. There are no good copies.

THERE ARE NO GOOD COPIES DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE
I gave up after my 3rd (maybe 4th?) copy. Really annoying as it is, imo, one of the best new releases of the year. The problem with mine is that digital transformerish/martixy static that pops up. Nearly gives me a heart attack each time 🤣

On a side note I saw Joel Ross earlier in the year at a fantastic gig (@NathanRicaud can back me up on that!!) in London and, with their permission, I recorded most of it on my phone just for personal use. Its obviously not the best audio quality but I have listened to that through so many times.......without Optimus Prime making an appearance and screeching at random intervals.

I gave up after my 3rd (maybe 4th?) copy. Really annoying as it is, imo, one of the best new releases of the year. The problem with mine is that digital transformerish/martixy static that pops up. Nearly gives me a heart attack each time 🤣

On a side note I saw Joel Ross earlier in the year at a fantastic gig (@NathanRicaud can back me up on that!!) in London and, with their permission, I recorded most of it on my phone just for personal use. Its obviously not the best audio quality but I have listened to that through so many times.......without Optimus Prime making an appearance and screeching at random intervals.
It was such a great concert!!! I loved it so much! ❤️

So guys.

Black Friday is approaching. Are we ready for another VMP Black Friday sale weekend extravaganza?

I would just buy everything you want now and then get CS to refund you for the prices changes/discounts.

It was a real mess dealing with their website last year and they honoured the pricing for purchases up to 30 days. Worst case you just cancel your orders if they don't go on sale - thats the price they have to pay for not shipping your items out immediately or throwing up their pre-orders even before they have the items in hand..

I don't think they care as long as they sell.

Some may think it is incompetence, but they know which releases the flippers will go for.

And since the direct fan base is gone, there isn't much in the way of them doing it.

This is what I am expecting to happen with the Fiona release....and it wouldn't surprise me.
There's simply no reason to allow 5 copies per person except to accommodate flippers. Honestly it would be less insulting if they had no limit.

I don't even know where to post this. Is this real?? Is April Fools in November a thing I don't know about?
Frank Ocean is listed in there...

I don't even know where to post this. Is this real?? Is April Fools in November a thing I don't know about?
Kinda funny that the name of the service appears to just be a reference to the price

Anthology is still available for sale, in case anyone is regretting not getting

Interisting that they expect People to fork over 5 Grand for this without any Information besides the list. ( even on the vnyl, billboard and discogs sides there is Nothing but the lists. Compared to that the Anthology Releases are really transparantly advertised.

Edit : Just for fun , i ran through the checkout process once and it´s 540$ shipping to Germany , saying shipping in 2-3 Business days.

Edit 2: I would be very surprised that VNYl without a history of exclusive runs except a handful of Colour variants of smaller records, suddenly have a Project that includes White whales like the elusive Frank Ocean and Kanye records on Vinyl. Probably someone just came up with this brilliant idea and set up a posh Website for this without caring About the logistcs of getting everything on vinyl. I`ve had my gripes with vmp, but we saw that it took same years of working with record companies on smaller rotms till they worked up to something like Black Sabbath, Gorillaz or QOTSA. I can´t see VNYL going from selling bargain bin records to having access to some of the most sought-after viynl records of the decade from different and notoriously difficult Sources in one step.
But if someone wants to aks them about it : hello@vnyl.org

Last edited:
Back