Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Speaking of outrageous pricing, the free Madlib 7" has two copies starting at $264. I think a lot of it is flippers curious to see what they can get away with. I'll be shocked if anyone pays $100 for Tennessee woman or $250 for the madlib 7"
Are those Madlib 7" even shipped yet?

I got my package yesterday and it included one. Its cool to get a freebie, but I can't imagine its worth what people are charging. If it is, I might need to become a flipper myself. :ROFLMAO:

I got an email from VMP about 2 weeks ago saying I was getting one. I hope others start getting them soon too

Mine arrived earlier in the week and I did have shipping notifications before that. Quite unusual for me to get free add ons like this which is nice. Yet to crack into it yet and if they are going to start selling for the amount they are listed for on discogs I might wait a while :ROFLMAO:

IMG_8938.JPG
IMG_8939.JPG

Speaking of outrageous pricing, the free Madlib 7" has two copies starting at $264. I think a lot of it is flippers curious to see what they can get away with. I'll be shocked if anyone pays $100 for Tennessee woman or $250 for the madlib 7"
So I threw mine (the Madlib 7") up for sale today since I didn't want it and took it as an opportunity to make some of my month's expenses back and it's already been bought for over $100.

Mine arrived earlier in the week and I did have shipping notifications before that. Quite unusual for me to get free add ons like this which is nice. Yet to crack into it yet and if they are going to start selling for the amount they are listed for on discogs I might wait a while :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 95837
View attachment 95838

Unrelated but I love that top pic with all the Impulse! spines

So I threw mine (the Madlib 7") up for sale today since I didn't want it and took it as an opportunity to make some of my month's expenses back and it's already been bought for over $100.
Wow, maybe shouldn’t have opened mine, might decide to sell it anyways

Well, my VMP box just arrived and I had no idea what to with this thing than put in a drawer, so up on the ‘cogs it goes...

2163F034-F17E-4F72-A7C4-04D8605E1C21.jpeg
Vintage Violence is a fine album. But it’s never John Cale’s most beloved LP. Paris 1919, Fear, Music For A New Society, Honi Soit, Slow Dazzle, Wrong Way Up, Helen Of Troy, Fragments Of A Rainy Season etc. All much better. Also arguably Sabotage, Hobosapiens. This shouldn’t annoy me but this isn’t the introduction to Cale. If you liked this he is much better elsewhere.

View attachment 95971
Vintage Violence is a fine album. But it’s never John Cale’s most beloved LP. Paris 1919, Fear, Music For A New Society, Honi Soit, Slow Dazzle, Wrong Way Up, Helen Of Troy, Fragments Of A Rainy Season etc. All much better. Also arguably Sabotage, Hobosapiens. This shouldn’t annoy me but this isn’t the introduction to Cale. If you liked this he is much better elsewhere.
Didn't he only produce the first Stooges album as well? Fun House didn't come out until after Vintage Violence and I don't think he had anything to do with it. Really bad blurb.

Didn't he only produce the first Stooges album as well? Fun House didn't come out until after Vintage Violence and I don't think he had anything to do with it. Really bad blurb.
Yes he did. The second album, Fun House, was produced by Don Gallucci, who was the keyboardist in The Kingsmen (of Louie Louie fame). One of the best albums ever of course.

Yes he did. The second album, Fun House, was produced by Don Gallucci, who was the keyboardist in The Kingsmen (of Louie Louie fame). One of the best albums ever of course.
I notice it isn’t clear if Fun House or Louie Louie is ‘one of the best albums ever’. Louie Louie isn’t, it’s one of the best singles ever.

I notice it isn’t clear if Fun House or Louie Louie is ‘one of the best albums ever’. Louie Louie isn’t, it’s one of the best singles ever.
We used to have a Classic Rock radio station back in Illinois, Rock 106 and one weekend every summer they’d change their name to Louie 106 and play nothing but different versions of “Louie Louie” back to back to back, etc. all weekend long. There were like covers in Russian and Spanish mixed in with more traditional versions. It was always something I would enjoy if I was lucky enough to stumble across it while flipping through the radio dial.

I miss non-corporate FM radio.

We used to have a Classic Rock radio station back in Illinois, Rock 106 and one weekend every summer they’d change their name to Louie 106 and play nothing but different versions of “Louie Louie” back to back to back, etc. all weekend long. There were like covers in Russian and Spanish mixed in with more traditional versions. It was always something I would enjoy if I was lucky enough to stumble across it while flipping through the radio dial.

I miss non-corporate FM radio.
We have one indie radio station left that does an "Undercover Weekend" of nothing but covers. It's really fun.

Back