Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Pretty sure I know who the next rising artist is. I wish they'd hurry up and get the record into the store, I'm so excited to add it to the collection!
How long does it take to press records after the test pressing is approved?

That new Black Keys covers album seems to be getting a lot of different “limited” color variations. Wonder if VMP will have one as well?

And who shall that might be ?;)

Tell us more...

I've been going back and forth with Fana Hues on social media about her album for a few months. In like January she said a vinyl pressing would be coming soon. I wanna say about month ago she got the test pressing... Then when VMP interviewed her a couple weeks ago, I asked if they're gonna do the record
"👀maybe"

I've been going back and forth with Fana Hues on social media about her album for a few months. In like January she said a vinyl pressing would be coming soon. I wanna say about month ago she got the test pressing... Then when VMP interviewed her a couple weeks ago, I asked if they're gonna do the record
"👀maybe"
Either way, I'm gonna check her out a bit later.

"👀maybe"

Oh, I would definitely pick this up. Now I hope you're correct!

Got my box!

-Shotgun Willie is fantastic. Great album, great pressing, great packaging. Need I say more?

-The first record of Donna Summer's Bad Girls was the dirtiest I'd ever seen. Just completely covered in little bits of paper and sawdust. There's a visible scratch on the title song as well, although I haven't heard any skipping issues yet (I'm at work so I can't have the volume up too high). I think someone dropped the record at the pressing plant or something. Otherwise the vinyl color mixing is kind of meh. Mostly blue with some hint of purple. Also I realized this album really should have only been one LP long. That's a LOT of disco.

As an aside, how are people storing records that come in thick cardboard inner inserts? I was thinking of investing in a package of rounded inner sleeves that I think will fit in the cardboard inserts OK, as opposed to my usual go-to MoFi rice-paper inners.

As an aside, how are people storing records that come in thick cardboard inner inserts? I was thinking of investing in a package of rounded inner sleeves that I think will fit in the cardboard inserts OK, as opposed to my usual go-to MoFi rice-paper inners.
I have a few cardboard Sub Pop inners and I usually just slide in one MoFi and just leave it in there. It slightly hangs out the top but still fits in the jacket fine. I don’t care for semi-circle inners I only have them with my Japan pressed albums.

Got my shipment yesterday and started plugging it into discogs:

- Tennessee Woman: 4 for sale starting at $103.01
- Kids: 1 for sale starting at $80
- Shotgun Willie: 17 for sale starting at $85.84
- Tidal (repress listing): 37 for sale starting at $62.67
- Soul Food (repress listing): 10 for sale starting at $87.73

No wonder the prices are climbing. I'm shocked by that people are charging over $100 for Tennessee Woman, and laughing that someone thinks they'll get $80 for Kids. I thought I was the only one that bought Kids and I can't imagine that there's a shortage on VMP.

Last edited:
So no earthly reason anybody should be paying $80 for it. Discog's filled with hopes and dreams.

I'm also positive that if you want Tennessee Woman you could just sign up for a month and be done with it.
Yeah, if anything, that Noga Erez will get reduced in the future! 💯😆

Tennessee Woman will likely stay in stock for a very long time too! Especially with that Willie Nelson ROTM dropping at the same and selling out! 💡

Yeah, if anything, that Noga Erez will get reduced in the future! 💯😆

Tennessee Woman will likely stay in stock for a very long time too! Especially with that Willie Nelson ROTM dropping at the same and selling out! 💡
Checking Amazon Canada they have a colour variant for $25 + $10 shipping (CAD) and Sonic Boom (large but slightly overpriced Toronto record shop) has black for $32 and colour for $36. One of those moments where I should have most definitely held out but hey, mine has a number on it. It's definitely not going to sell out on VMP any time soon. Wonder how many copies are going to start showing up on discogs as more people get their monthly shipments.

In other news I picked up my copy of Psychic yesterday, can't wait to spin it (at a much lower cost :D).

And for the record, I can see why Nathan (and probably others) do not like Kids. It's not breaking new ground. If you go in expecting it to, then you're going to be disappointed. It's not going to rocket up the charts, and it won't win any awards. There's no subtlety in the influences...it sounds sometimes like a bunch of people got drunk and tried to record sometimes Billie Eilish songs, sometimes M.I.A. songs, and VIEWS sounds like they tried to record a b-side from Gorillaz Humanz album (which imo still sounds better than most of the songs off that album and I'm a huge Gorillaz fan). What it is though, is a collection of fun pop songs you can occasionally nod your heed to. The pressing itself sounds pretty good, although there are times I wish it split the difference between the levels of bass used here, and "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" which in my opinion sometimes overdoes it. It definitely could use a bit more kick to it.

Got my shipment yesterday and started plugging it into discogs:

- Tennessee Woman: 4 for sale starting at $103.01
- Kids: 1 for sale starting at $80
- Shotgun Willie: 17 for sale starting at $85.84
- Tidal (repress listing): 37 for sale starting at $62.67
- Soul Food (repress listing): 10 for sale starting at $87.73

No wonder the prices are climbing. I'm shocked by that people are charging over $100 for Tennessee Woman, and laughing that someone thinks they'll get $80 for Kids. I thought I was the only one that bought Kids and I can't imagine that there's a shortage on VMP.
Speaking of outrageous pricing, the free Madlib 7" has two copies starting at $264. I think a lot of it is flippers curious to see what they can get away with. I'll be shocked if anyone pays $100 for Tennessee woman or $250 for the madlib 7"

Back