Vinyl Me, Please Rock

it’s never going to be a sonic masterpiece but the VMP Is This It is great. A massive step up on my UK rough trade.

When I say massive I mean still sounds like it was recorded in a toilet. But at least the toilet wasn’t being flushed at the time. So maybe ‘a step up’ may have been more accurate than MASSIVE

it’s never going to be a sonic masterpiece but the VMP Is This It is great. A massive step up on my UK rough trade.

When I say massive I mean still sounds like it was recorded in a toilet. But at least the toilet wasn’t being flushed at the time. So maybe ‘a step up’ may have been more accurate than MASSIVE
Both Strokes records they’ve done have been about as good as we are going to get.

They removed the sound of the toilet? Fucking sell outs. I expected better from the Swiss educated offspring of rich New York bankers!

They removed the sound of the toilet? Fucking sell outs. I expected better from the Swiss educated offspring of rich New York bankers!
It took a good 3 plays through before I got used to the non-cistern versions. At one point I was missing the original mix so much I sent the dog up to my own toilet to repeatedly pull the flush just so I could be extra nostalgic during New York City Cops.

There are hints in the booklet they sent with the monthly packages. It’s a crossword puzzle for the rock track. The two hints are:

A) Devoid of Light
B) Biblical Day of Rest

There are hints in the booklet they sent with the monthly packages. It’s a crossword puzzle for the rock track. The two hints are:

A) Devoid of Light
B) Biblical Day of Rest
there is another one saying "city most associated with" (I couldn't read the text on discord so I got no info on that)

Solid run. I’ll take all three. Which Mats album? Pleased to Meet Me or are they going early?
hootenanny, storf said it was the one that will make you go "he picked THAT"

Where'd y'all learn this info
VMP Discord, and the magazine which is now a full huge zine

Last edited:
Hopefully they do something a little extra with Hootenanny since it is pretty much a mini-lp. That said I have an original so I am good.

Edit: The album is 31 minutes, but I thought it was less than 28 minutes for some reason, so not a mini-lp

Last edited:
Here’s the thing dark means little or no light for sure but black fits the clue better because it’s technically not a colour but an absence of light.

smile-awkward.gif

Back