Vinyl Me, Please Rock

My review of Toxicity:

After I finished spinning it and was going to put it away, my wife said file that in "Never play again". I replied "That's where your Aerosmith albums are going".

7.5/10
For the past year or so I have been starting my Sundays by having Alexa play "Chop Suey" on full volume, much to the annoyance of my wife.

She is going to be THRILLED when I play the VMP pressing this Sunday. Im intrigued to see if she comments on the increased audio quality first, or the increased sound levels with it being hooked up to my main speakers.

For the past year or so I have been starting my Sundays by having Alexa play "Chop Suey" on full volume, much to the annoyance of my wife.

She is going to be THRILLED when I play the VMP pressing this Sunday. Im intrigued to see if she comments on the increased audio quality first, or the increased sound levels with it being hooked up to my main speakers.
Think of how much free time you will have being single again!

10/10

Really been killing it this month with the visceral reactions from the wife.
At least it wasn't as strong a reaction as REM's "Out of Time" which actually had to be removed from the turntable by the end of Side A.

EDIT: Tbf I knew going in that "Shiny Happy People" was her least favourite song of all time but dayum.

My wife likes Bjork, although she is definitely more likely to listen to the early stuff.
She recognizes the talent for sure, and I thought for SURE she would enjoy Homogenic, but just nothing. Probably if she were to choose she'd pick Post over any of the albums.

Sigur Ros though is a huge hit around our place as far as Icelandic musicians go. Lost track of how many times we've seen them/Jonsi.

Last edited:
My wife likes Bjork, although she is definitely more likely to listen to the early stuff.
When my daughter was 6 months old (late 2017), I was playing the then new album by Bjork. Every time she heard flutes, she smiled. I started playing the album more regularly for her and my wife began to enjoy it after a while.

It was a colored exclusive I believe, dont know if mastering was special to VMP or anything though.
Yup was VMP:

I would have said in the past that they wouldn’t do an rotm if they did it as an exclusive but then Jolene says oh yeah?

Yup was VMP:

I would have said in the past that they wouldn’t do an rotm if they did it as an exclusive but then Jolene says oh yeah?
Yeah, its perplexing how this has eluded VMP as a get. Its arguably an ideal pick for Essentials track, but seems like absolutely essential for the Rock track. Crossing fingers they revisit and do it the right way.

Yeah, its perplexing how this has eluded VMP as a get. Its arguably an ideal pick for Essentials track, but seems like absolutely essential for the Rock track. Crossing fingers they revisit and do it the right way.
Yeah I can only assume they can't get the rights because this needs a good, easy to get pressing. I have a pretty clean KPG and it's awesome but it's nearly impossible to find without buying like 15 copies and going through each one which no sane person would ever do... -trails off-

Last edited:
Back