Vinyl Me, Please Rock

CS says no spare sleeves so it’s either $15 credit or a full replacement copy.

Euro Piffers. Keep an eye out

I don’t think I’ve ever known VMP have spare sleeves when I was a member. They always sent out a full replacement for jacket, or even inner sleeve, damage. The $15 alternative option really is quite a bizarre offer though…

I don’t think I’ve ever known VMP have spare sleeves when I was a member. They always sent out a full replacement for jacket, or even inner sleeve, damage. The $15 alternative option really is quite a bizarre offer though…
I think it’s a daming indictment on wider vinyl consumption. Mainly young people. Basically today’s feckless youth would happily accept a mutated sleeve as an acceptable compromise if it meant getting them a third of a way towards another record.

Standards have truly gone to shit in today’s society. And if people are happy to put a deformed gatefold on the shelf for a 15 bucks bribe what other lows would they stoop to? Thats the real question!

I think it’s a daming indictment on wider vinyl consumption. Mainly young people. Basically today’s feckless youth would happily accept a mutated sleeve as an acceptable compromise if it meant getting them a third of a way towards another record.

Standards have truly gone to shit in today’s society. And if people are happy to put a deformed gatefold on the shelf for a 15 bucks bribe what other lows would they stoop to? Thats the real question!

I was actually going to say is that what the record cost price is so they’re effectively making the same loss whichever you choose but that from a customer standpoint it’s a fait acompli…

I was actually going to say is that what the record cost price is so they’re effectively making the same loss whichever you choose but that from a customer standpoint it’s a fait acompli…

I would hope at their scale it costs less than $15 an album

i know they've had spare jackets before, I got one when I got a bad seam split on my madlib, but this seems like this one wasn't given as much time beyond the master as other VMP efforts

i know they've had spare jackets before, I got one when I got a bad seam split on my madlib, but this seems like this one wasn't given as much time beyond the master as other VMP efforts
My read on it is that storf and vmp are doing much closer numbers and they’re running a lot leaner so there’s a lot less leeway month-to-month, especially with the rock track

I'm starting to think I just kinda don't like Barry Grints mastering, it feels a bit too flat, guitars don't have as much power I feel like a great master could have, sure the drums sound alright but vocals and guitar (2 of the major parts of a hard rock album like no. 4) sound like they aren't loud enough, like it's almost clipping.

I'm starting to think I just kinda don't like Barry Grints mastering, it feels a bit too flat, guitars don't have as much power I feel like a great master could have, sure the drums sound alright but vocals and guitar (2 of the major parts of a hard rock album like no. 4) sound like they aren't loud enough, like it's almost clipping.
I thought STP was quiet first play through. Improved markedly after a clean.

I was a little underwhelmed by STP. To me it wasn’t as hard hitting as I had hoped it would be.

But I’m spinning ZZ Top right now and it smokes. I think I can part with my beat up and noisy OG copy.
Can't wait. I've seen a few cogs reviews saying it betters the KPG. In both cases they claim to own the KPG, if so then wow. Because that thing is killer.

Yeah, the ZZ Top sounds pretty good. I don't have a KPG to compare it to, but this is excellent. There's an odd rhythmic hiss in the background of track 1, but I'm guessing that's in the tape, like a swishy drum brush or cabasa. But the fact that i hear that is a testament to how quiet my copy is despite the colored vinyl (kudos, GZ). This and the Sabbath were the main reasons for the resub, so, so far so good.

Yeah, the ZZ Top sounds pretty good. I don't have a KPG to compare it to, but this is excellent. There's an odd rhythmic hiss in the background of track 1, but I'm guessing that's in the tape, like a swishy drum brush or cabasa. But the fact that i hear that is a testament to how quiet my copy is despite the colored vinyl (kudos, GZ). This and the Sabbath were the main reasons for the resub, so, so far so good.
I am doing just a month for Sabbath and will let it lapse again for a while

Back