Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Anyone else notice that the Lupe album looks a lot different now on the membership page then what was originally advertised?

Lupe looks great

RHH_Q4_2000x1333_f06b8557-52fc-40ac-b835-7a32909dc186.jpg

food_and_liquor_vinyl_Transparent_v2.png

lol the new mockup looks like shit

You know...I think I'm kind of done with coloured vinyl.
Give me good packaging, great sound and just straight up black vinyl. Less room for error.
Agreed, at the end of the day it's what the record sounds like that matters most. But man does this feel almost like a bait and switch with how dramatically different the colorway is...

You know...I think I'm kind of done with coloured vinyl.
Give me good packaging, great sound and just straight up black vinyl. Less room for error.
Same. Though I’m not mad that there’s a market for it, I’ll sell my colored copies for 4x the price then turn around and buy the black version that sounds the exact same.

Has anybody spoken up about Aesop Rock? Is there some breathtaking element to it that trumps versions already available? Or is it just "good enough"

I just got it a few days ago and it sounds really good (to me). I had the newbury variant but sold it before I could do a comparison. The VMP does have the hidden track “Pigs”

Wait....was Lupe just reissued? I saw a copy while shopping today.

Edit: Yup, Atlantic 75th version which I'm assuming is the vmp.

I’ll post in each thread accordingly, but in the October pamphlet, there are clues for the upcoming quarter. For hip hop, the release years are the following: 1988, 1994, and 1995.

1988 has already been confirmed to be Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary.

1994 could be many different albums, but I'm just gonna quote myself from a few months ago (it turns out I did not forget)...

Per chatter in the discord, 1995 is believed to be Wu-adjacent with ODB's Return to the 36 Chambers the current front-runner.

I'm happy with my copy of BDP but it's not a bad choice just not my first choice for BDP!

I'm always excited about hip hop from 94 and 95!! I know in the past they have found ways to disappoint with selections from the 90's but if the frontrunners are indeed ODB and O.C. they kind of knocked it out the park this go around!

if they have some store exclusives (do they still do that with their records of the month?) it'll be an interesting start to the quarter!

Scarface or 8 Ball & MJG would also be good '94 picks.

Scarface - The Diary would be an automatic buy for me, and I still have an original pressing. I have Untouchable also but the artwork and sound quality are sub par for any pressing I have found of that.

Untouchable and Rainbow Road on Mario Kart 64 would be a welcomed throw back to my college days.LOL

Back