Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

So Atmosphere sounds mostly good: there's an underlying super-light crackle going on at some moments, but it's definitely better than a lot of GZ pressed records, and is barely noticeable like 98% of the time. I may need to give it a good clean to know if it's the pressing or just dirty.

tougher_than_leather_rotm_600x.jpg

I’ll post in each thread accordingly, but in the October pamphlet, there are clues for the upcoming quarter. For hip hop, the release years are the following: 1988, 1994, and 1995.

1988 has already been confirmed to be Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary.

1994 could be many different albums, but I'm just gonna quote myself from a few months ago (it turns out I did not forget)...
Just dropping this here because I'm inevitably gonna forget, but Storf confirms O.C.'s Word...Life is set to be a ROTM... in 2024 for the album's 30th anniversary.

Per chatter in the discord, 1995 is believed to be Wu-adjacent with ODB's Return to the 36 Chambers the current front-runner.

I'm happy with my copy of BDP but it's not a bad choice just not my first choice for BDP!

I'm always excited about hip hop from 94 and 95!! I know in the past they have found ways to disappoint with selections from the 90's but if the frontrunners are indeed ODB and O.C. they kind of knocked it out the park this go around!

if they have some store exclusives (do they still do that with their records of the month?) it'll be an interesting start to the quarter!

1988 has already been confirmed to be Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary.

1994 could be many different albums, but I'm just gonna quote myself from a few months ago (it turns out I did not forget)...

Per chatter in the discord, 1995 is believed to be Wu-adjacent with ODB's Return to the 36 Chambers the current front-runner.

haha no sir. I will not be tricked into thinking ODB is the pick for the second time! Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, you can’t fool me two times. This is how you end up with two copies of Tical.

haha no sir. I will not be tricked into thinking ODB is the pick for the second time! Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, you can’t fool me two times. This is how you end up with two copies of Tical.

I believe the only other Wu-Tang projects in '95 are Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx which Storf has repeatedly said would both go to Essentials if VMP ever got them, so by process of elimination that leaves... ODB

I believe the only other Wu-Tang projects in '95 are Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx which Storf has repeatedly said would both go to Essentials if VMP ever got them, so by process of elimination that leaves... ODB

Yeah that was pretty much the only year none of the affiliates put out and album either.

Here I sit really disappointed that it's not N**** Please. Once again the safe, somewhat easier to find pick.

I feel like the fact that there's been a version of Return to the 36 Chambers on pretty much every RSD list for all time makes it perfectly ripe for the VMP picking! 😝

Seriously though, N**** Please would be great to see - maybe we'll luck out and they'll run it as an exclusive in conjunction with (The Dirty Version)

I feel like the fact that there's been a version of Return to the 36 Chambers on pretty much every RSD list for all time makes it perfectly ripe for the VMP picking! 😝

Seriously though, N**** Please would be great to see - maybe we'll luck out and they'll run it as an exclusive in conjunction with (The Dirty Version)
Every time I get my hopes up for companion drops they let me down.
Every time I don't give a shit about companion drops, they'll drop an entire-ass bundle.

Back