Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Missed the Masta Killa album when it came out, so I gave it my first listen earlier this evening. Not something I'd rush out to get, but pretty solid album overall.
I’d say it’s a second tier solo Wu-Tang project. Which, given how incredible top tier Wu-Tang albums are, isn’t bad at all.

I’d say it’s a second tier solo Wu-Tang project. Which, given how incredible top tier Wu-Tang albums are, isn’t bad at all.
It came out so past their prime that it just got completely overlooked. Definitely not a top tier solo project but it definitely would have held its own and would have done way better had it come out a couple years earlier.

Actually really surprised at how decent this Masta Killa album is lol. Just feels refreshing, super straight forward rhyming over nice, pretty laid back production. One of those albums you can just throw on and do anything to. All the other albums this year have felt like too much for a casual spin or just not engaging enough.

That being said, will probably pick this up during a slow month, I imagine it will be around for a long time.

What are y'all thinking for RHH? There's quite a bit of potential for 98 and 13 (excited about the W for 00).

Glass half full me is pulling for Black Star for 98.
My gut on the other hand is thinking we're going to get a different color variant of Capital Punishment put out late this year. I think if they did Black Star that would be essential anyway.

13 I'm hoping for Pusha, and Danny Brown would be a solid pick as well...but this feels like a Chance the Rapper, Drake or Mac Miller letdown.

What are y'all thinking for RHH? There's quite a bit of potential for 98 and 13 (excited about the W for 00).

Glass half full me is pulling for Black Star for 98.
My gut on the other hand is thinking we're going to get a different color variant of Capital Punishment put out late this year. I think if they did Black Star that would be essential anyway.

13 I'm hoping for Pusha, and Danny Brown would be a solid pick as well...but this feels like a Chance the Rapper, Drake or Mac Miller letdown.

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill? Would fit the HH50 newsletter list.

98 hip hop I wouldn't be mad at:

Gangstarr "Moment of Truth"
Aceyalone "Book of Human Language"
Fiend "There's one in Every Family"
Lyricist Lounge vol. 1
Devin the Dude "The Dude"
Cam'ron "Confessions of Fire"
Pete Rock "Soul Survivor"

I'm guessing it'll be none of these!

Lauryn Hill would be essential for sure

Need to look at 2013 next

Lyricist Lounge vol. 1

I keep missing out on Moment of Truth, I'd be ecstatic over that.

For 2013 they should do Pusha or Danny Brown but my outside the box pick would be to do Young Fathers "Tape One/Tape Two". I think it only had a UK pressing and we all know they like to ignore those and say it's the first time pressed on vinyl!

If the 2013 album is Snoop Lion I'd expect them to announce the Death Row anthology at the same time because that screams you do me this solid and I'll hook you up!

Lyricist Lounge vol. 1

It's not gonna be Moment Of Truth (3LP) or Lyricist Lounge (4LP) because VMP only does 2LP tops for monthly. They could release them as store exclusives, though.

Back