Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

If you’re patient you’ll probably eventually find the BN Classics Shades of Blue on sale somewhere (I just ordered Donald Bird’s Places & Spaces for $10 from Acoustic Sounds, for example). No telling how long the VMP version will be around for or if it’ll ever make it to a sale, though.

I’m kind of curious to hear the reviews comparing them before I make a final decision. I have an ‘08 reissue that sounds fine to my ears, so I’m not even sure if I’ll even need to double dip.

I mean, it's not though...

Retail is 37.98

To be honest I didn't look for BN Classics for a while. I remember these were in the 20ish for single LP and 30ish for double LP. I am still in the BN Classics camp and would wait for a 3x2 deal or sales, which will probably happen.

Q3 RotM Clues:

July: Queens, Year of artist’s debut: 1999
August: Minneapolis, Year of artist’s debut: 1997
September: Long Island, Year of artist’s debut: 1997

September Rakim with 18th Letter? Not exactly his début but 1997 was the year he released his first solo album.

Atmosphere for August?
QTip for July?

Once again we're left at the mercy of VMP clues, ie. solo debut vs musical debut, but yeah that would make the most sense out of all the albums.
I was going to suggest Impossible Kid or Skelethon as things I haven't seen around in a minute, but they're still readily available on the AR official site.

Found this. I don't know if it has been shared already :

As part of Sony’s HH50 campaign, multiple albums in Sony’s Hip-Hop catalog will be featured into 2024 as part of Vinyl Me, Please’s Hip-Hop and Essentials Subscriptions. Albums by RUN DMC, Wu-Tang Clan, Boogie Down Productions, Lauryn Hill, Q-Tip, and more will be featured.

Back