Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Nice pick! I already have a nice clean OG, so I'll have to listen to the Mars Volta and the Abbey Lincoln tonight to see if I want to swap to those. Or hopefully there's some nice swap options tomorrow.
If you're unsure about Abbey there's a very nice pressing of "Abbey is Blue" out in the wild from Craft that's a better album if you want to save a track.

i'll listen to it today.. and i know luda is a well respected rapper in ATL but... the fact that its 80 minutes is going to be hard... but thankfully only 2 skits... and roll out bumps hard

Luda's one of her favorite rappers and we don't have any of his albums on vinyl. The only reason she tolerates my habit is because occasionally it means something like this comes along.
I just told my wife and she nodded. As much as a "go for it" I'm gonna get to reactivate our membership. Luckily our tastes mostly align until it comes to stuff like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith on her end...and Primus on mine (she cannot stand Primus one bit).

I'm not sold that it's going to be DU. Too much wishful thinking and the Luda pick came out of nowhere so guesses are pretty much useless. That said if it is, this is a really solid 3 months.
what else fits 4 or debatably 5 members. and released in 1990.. we just ignored luda altogether even though it fit the clues because its been a bit of a meme

what else fits 4 or debatably 5 members. and released in 1990.. we just ignored luda altogether even though it fit the clues because its been a bit of a meme
I dunno, I just don't think my luck is good enough for two albums I really want from VMP back to back. I'm wanting to be wrong, but I've learned not to get expectations up based on Storf hints. Word of Mouf wasn't even something on my radar and when I saw that's what it was I was like "I NEED THIS". Three months of solid RHH picks is unheard of to me.

Reddit is really sleeping on Word of Mouf. Not sure what meets the seal of approval there. Luda is great and as far as his discography goes that's a really good one.

Reckon my subscription will be up by then, but I'm holding some hope for Fear of Black Planet anyway.
Is that not widely available anymore? Fuck I hope not I put off buying it to fill out my collection a little more. Just assumed it would always be around.

EDIT: Found a copy thankfully and I'm going to hope that nobody else pulls the trigger before I do.

Luda's one of her favorite rappers and we don't have any of his albums on vinyl. The only reason she tolerates my habit is because occasionally it means something like this comes along.
Fyi Urban Legends has his first album with a lenticular cover for 13 bucks with the discount code blackmusicmonth. Mine should be here any minute

Fyi Urban Legends has his first album with a lenticular cover for 13 bucks with the discount code blackmusicmonth. Mine should be here any minute
Thanks you for this. Best $13+ I’ll spend all day. I think of Luda as more of a singles artist than an album artist but Back For The First Time, Word Of Mouf, and Chicken & Beer are good albums Ludacris just needed an editor. I think Luda is up there all time for best guest verses on other peoples tracks. I think maybe only Niki Minaj has stolen more tracks over her career than Ludacris.

I love Luda but I honestly don't see me playing it on record. I guess it's ok cuz I was hoping it was Cormega and Tuff Kong is releasing that anyway so probably just grab that.

ATLiens is a no brainer so I'll go monthly for that if we get that.

Is 36 Chambers / Midnight Marauders still the guesses for Sep Essentials? Prob stay on a second month for that then too

Thanks you for this. Best $13+ I’ll spend all day. I think of Luda as more of a singles artist than an album artist but Back For The First Time, Word Of Mouf, and Chicken & Beer are good albums Ludacris just needed an editor. I think Luda is up there all time for best guest verses on other peoples tracks. I think maybe only Niki Minaj has stolen more tracks over her career than Ludacris.
Yeah I agree with all of that, there’s a terrific greatest hits album in his catalog if you mix in his bangers and guest verses .

I’ll be grabbing word of mouf , It’s too damn long but some of his best song are on it.

I think Luda is up there all time for best guest verses on other peoples tracks. I think maybe only Niki Minaj has stolen more tracks over her career than Ludacris.
Busta Rhymes comes to mind. He would always kill every guest appearance or remix. He also needed an editor on his own albums.

Back