Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Ludacris is a definite pass for me unfortunately! While I love the tracks “Rollout (My Business), “Area Codes” and “Saturday (Oooh! Ooooh!)”, I don’t care for the rest of the album! “Growing Pains” is a decent track, but Dilated Peoples’ sample on the track “Worst Comes to Worst” is WAYYYYYY better than Luda’s “Growing Pains”! Most of the songs on Word Of Mouf are annoying as for me. I cannot stand the song Move Bitch! The production on that track is great, but that chorus is so cringe to me! It’s just obnoxious for me. I feel like “Rollout (My Business” is the only energetic song on the album that is great; everything else sounds like trash to me unfortunately!

Last edited:
Ludacris is a definite pass for me unfortunately! While I love the tracks “Rollout (My Business), “Area Codes” and “Saturday (Oooh! Ooooh!)”, I don’t care for the rest of the album! “Growing Pains” is a decent track, but Dilated Peoples’ sample on the track “Worst Comes to Worst” is WAYYYYYY better than Luda’s “Growing Pains”! Most of the songs on Word Of Mouf are annoying as for me. I cannot stand the song Move Bitch! The production on that track is great, but that chorus is so cringe to me! It’s just obnoxious for me. I feel like “Rollout (My Business” is the only energetic song on the album that is great; everything else sounds like trash to me unfortunately!
with all due respect your opinion of this album is trash. lol :LOL:

with all due respect your opinion of this album is trash. lol :LOL:
My opinion of the album is trashy I must admit! My bad for sounding the way I did! 🙈

Word of Mouf just has so much filler though! And my god does Luda’s voice get so tiresome on those posse/hyped kind of tracks! Production on at least half the tracks is pretty amazing though! And like I said, “Rollout (My Business)”, “Area Codes” & “Saturday (Oooh! Ooooh!) are all excellent songs!!!

I can’t wait for ATLiens next month though because that’s so much more my taste! The production on ATLiens is smooth, spacey, nocturnal, atmospheric and dark!

Word Of Mouf overall is too ratchet and trashy and has too many garbage filler songs for me despite it having three excellent tracks!

Nathan....are you....are you sick!? Where is the Nathan who loves ratchetness!?!?!
I’m not into ratchetness too much actually! I like grungy and sexy, I like more of the seductive, sensual, sultry, erotic and sweaty and passionate kind of sexy music! I don’t see ratchet as sexy and am not into it as much although there would be few ratchet songs I love! “Get Low” by Lil’ Jon is an outstanding ratchet banger I will always love!!!

the word play on word of mouf is very underrated tho silly and immature, around the early '00s Luda was one of best lyricist of the mainstream.this album also has very high nostalgia with me takes me back to when i was 15/16 partying it up.i will probably skip this one unless i can get it later as i already have a og pressing tho i remember some issues with sibilance.

Last edited:
the word play on word of mouf is very underrated tho silly and immature, around the early '00s Luda was one of best lyricist of the mainstream.this album also has very high nostalgia with me takes me back to when i was 15/16 partying it up.i will probably skip this one tho unless i can get it later as i already have a og pressing tho i remember some issues with sibilance.
If this pressing sounds great, I think I might get it for those three singles I absolutely love! But I don’t think I’ll still get it still because there are also three tracks I love on Red Light District (Spur of The Moment, Pimpin’ All Over The World & The Potion)!

Even with Release Therapy there are three tracks I love (Money Maker, End Of The Night & Woozy)! Those three songs are all sexy and tasty! 👅💰

I don’t think there is a great Ludacris album ever, but certainly with his albums from 2000-2007, there were always around 2-3 excellent tracks!

If this pressing sounds great, I think I might get it for those three singles I absolutely love! But I don’t think I’ll still get it still because there are also three tracks I love on Red Light District (Spur of The Moment, Pimpin’ All Over The World & The Potion)!

Even with Release Therapy there are three tracks I love (Money Maker, End Of The Night & Woozy)! Those three songs are all sexy and tasty! 👅💰

I don’t think there is a great Ludacris album ever, but certainly with his albums from 2000-2007, there were always around 2-3 excellent tracks!
in my opinion word of mouf is his only near classic album it's full of bangers.anything after this album like you mentioned only has 2-3 stand out tracks for me.

Honestly tho, Word of Mouf is a perfect pick for the VMP demographic. It was popular, it's nostalgic for people Storf's age, it has big singles, and it's something they can continue to drum-up business with.
i only even remembered this album existed like a day ago after I found out about that one debate that happened on music theory twitter about where is the down beat on rollout.. am I just outside of the demo for this

I think Word of Mouf is an excellent pick and is well deserving of being a Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! It’s just not for me!

Lil’ Jon & The East Side Boyz’ Kings Of Crunk is a southern album that was released in the same era as Word Of Mouf, which I would love for VMP to do as a Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! I think the non-single tracks on that album are great and I think “Get Low” is one of the best southern hip-hop songs of all-time!

Back