Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

duke86fan

Honestly my best part of this being ATliens would mean the whole "no repeating artists in tracks" thing is over. I enjoyed it at first and how it helped variety, but I definitely think it shouldnt be a hard and fast rule. And as a Country fan, it gives me hope we can maybe see some more picks from some of the big guns that they are blowing through in the early months.
but it also means we could just be saturated with like 5 artists that they know will be big sellers instead of the intense variety.. this has to be a VERY special exception

jfitzy

Honestly my best part of this being ATliens would mean the whole "no repeating artists in tracks" thing is over. I enjoyed it at first and how it helped variety, but I definitely think it shouldnt be a hard and fast rule. And as a Country fan, it gives me hope we can maybe see some more picks from some of the big guns that they are blowing through in the early months.
I agree. I’m happy to say goodbye to that rule. Give me a Miles Davis record that isn’t Sorcerer, please. I love it, but damn, there are so many other Miles records I’d rather have out of the Essentials track.

wynn72

but it also means we could just be saturated with like 5 artists that they know will be big sellers instead of the intense variety.. this has to be a VERY special exception

Of course, but I highly doubt they'd go from one extreme to the other that quickly. Just not ruling out the possibility of a repeat.

avecigrec

Because I'm a cheeky bastard and think it will be funny to see some of y'all lose your goddamn minds over my opinion, I'll quote my own post from over in the Rank The Albums! thread:

OutKast

Aquemini
ATLiens
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Speakerboxxx / The Love Below
Idlewild
Stankonia

NathanRicaud

I'm spinning my Newbury ATliens right now. Gotta say it sounds really good except for the occasional pop. I totally don't NEED a VMP pressing of this but... I know I'm going to get it either way and then just sell whichever sounds worse... Because my brain can't handle the "not knowing"...
That’s a good idea actually! I’ve got a standard pressing/reissue and that will be stored at my parents house for a future friend that loves vinyl and the album ATLiens! I really hope that it is indeed a R&HH ROTM! 🙏

Mather

That’s a good idea actually! I’ve got a standard pressing/reissue and that will be stored at my parents house for a future friend that loves vinyl and the album ATLiens! I really hope that it is indeed a R&HH ROTM! 🙏
It also helps that the Newbury pressing just sold for $300 which is absolute madness. So I have no problem letting that one go...

NathanRicaud

Living Legends is great, and I'd laugh and laugh if it ended up being them.
I like Living Legends but their albums/discography doesn’t excite me enough! They’re pretty great but I also unfortunately don’t really care for their music because of how much other hip-hop I enjoy more! Still, I do enjoy listening to their stuff every once in a long time! :)

NathanRicaud

Because I'm a cheeky bastard and think it will be funny to see some of y'all lose your goddamn minds over my opinion, I'll quote my own post from over in the Rank The Albums! thread:
I’m already unattracted to you for the fact that you prefer Idlewild more than Stankonia! 😷🤧😂🙅‍♂️

Like……ewwww! Especially as Stankonia has some really sexy smooth tracks such So Fresh, So Clean and Spaghetti Junction! And I’ll Call 📞 B4 I Cum 💦 is just👌 as well! 😂🔥

Gotta love how explosive and energetic B.O.B and Gasoline Dreams is too 💥🧨💥

And you can’t forget how crippling and deliciously sleazy We Luv Deez Hoez is too!!! 😏

And oh my baby Ms. Jackson is just too good! 😭😭😭🥇🏆

Just don’t understand why Stankonia is your least favourite!! 😝🧐