Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Yeah J-Live would be a great shout… widely regarded as one of the most under appreciated hip-hop albums of all time… I suspect it might be a little too ‘underground’ for VMP though…
I guess that might mean Aesop rock is out of the picture..

But then again they did eyedea and abilities just a few months ago so underground and obtuse is fine

Would love if they dropped one of those hints that gives it away, the RHH clues were weak this time around!
I just hope all these next three R&HH ROTM’s are all exceptional albums! 🙏😭

I love hip-hop and I’m so keen for ATLiens and I just really hope we aren’t getting Edutainment by Boogie Down Productions September R&HH ROTM! 🤞

I just hope all these next three R&HH ROTM’s are all exceptional albums! 🙏😭

I love hip-hop and I’m so keen for ATLiens and I just really hope we aren’t getting Edutainment by Boogie Down Productions September R&HH ROTM! 🤞

I love me some BDP but Edutainment would be an odd choice... that being said I'd still cop

i just hope this "we are breaking the one per track" rule is only used sparingly.. because as the club has admitted multiple times they don't want to be the kind of standard thing that just does beatles or pink floyd albums all the time.. it should only be reserved for an artist who is legit so important to the genre or music that only giving them one spot is doing yourself a disservice (outkast is safely one of those to many people so I accept it), basically your 2pac's and kanye west's and KRS-One's and hell maybe essentials could do another black sabbath album or miles davis album or nina simone album. but it should be used sparingly when its either a once in a lifetime chance OR you feel like you have given enough distance

Nice pick! I already have a nice clean OG, so I'll have to listen to the Mars Volta and the Abbey Lincoln tonight to see if I want to swap to those. Or hopefully there's some nice swap options tomorrow.

Anyone know when I should sign back up to get locked in to Luda/Abbey? Like can I do that before 12pm EST or should I wait? I don't wanna miss out. I assume if I do it now I'm getting June's picks.

Back