Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Again, I'm a Luda fan so def see the appeal of the album. I just don't see this as a vinyl type album for me

But also, I recall this album being fairly cheap to get for awhile through those UShopMusic sites and such so not sure why it would be worth a premium price

But also, I recall this album being fairly cheap to get for awhile through those UShopMusic sites and such so not sure why it would be worth a premium price
Mmmmmm, agreed! But imagine just spinning the album and “Area Codes” is playing on your turntable and you’re just chilling out in your room, feeling so relaxed and happy! Such a vibe! ♥️🤣🐒

So @jaycee - Would you actually rather Snoop Dogg’s Doggfather be the R&HH ROTM for August than OutKast ATLiens!?!

Which album do you prefer? ATLiens 👽 or Doggfather 🐕!?

No Doggfather just fits the clues of sophmore album in 1996 and artist previously part of the track.... and I just expect VMP to always make the worst choice.

Probably and so am I. Unless you were a teenager or young adult into mainstream hip-hop in 2001 or so.
funny enough i also have to bring this up whenever I explain why I don't feel connected or even frustrated with the disintegration loops

i was 2 in 2001

i didn't even get into any kind of current music that wasn't a dr demento CD until 2005

funny enough i also have to bring this up whenever I explain why I don't feel connected or even frustrated with the disintegration loops

you and i have very different conversations :) i don't know anyone besides myself who has any idea about disintegration loops, which i only heard for the first time a few years ago.

the cure disintegration... is another story

you and i have very different conversations :) i don't know anyone besides myself who has any idea about disintegration loops, which i only heard for the first time a few years ago.
im a nerd for ambient drone and vaporware (though more specifically on the noisier sides of both genres).. it seems any discussion of modern drone or textures or ANYTHING will lead to a reference to basinskis 4 part agonizing bore.. he isn't even the ultimate man in dabbling in texture.. refer to tim hecker or fennesz

Ludacris definitely feels like a had to be there during the run kind of music. Being 13 when this album came out Luda jams went off anywhere you went.

I actually was playing him recently for my 4 year old daughter which was really fun finding the edited version playlists on Spotify cuz the lyrics are.....yeah

But still not buying this 🤣. Gonna grab The Realness (and Stove God Cooks?) instead lol. But I still am not believing ATLiens and 36/MM (I actually would prefer 36 selfishly) until I see it. In for those for sure

i was 2 in 2001

i didn't even get into any kind of current music that wasn't a dr demento CD until 2005
I was passing blunts with friends while cruising the mean streets of Peoria blasting Ludacris on a burned CD in 2001.

lots of memories with how high also came out at the very end of '01 during the winter holiday season like WOM me and the homies would get hella blazed up in the alley right beside the theater and go watch it for free as one of the homies also worked at the theater.i saw this movie at the very least 4x at the movies this and WOM were the film and album of 01'-02' for my stoner crew.

My opinion of the album is trashy I must admit! My bad for sounding the way I did! 🙈

Word of Mouf just has so much filler though! And my god does Luda’s voice get so tiresome on those posse/hyped kind of tracks! Production on at least half the tracks is pretty amazing though! And like I said, “Rollout (My Business)”, “Area Codes” & “Saturday (Oooh! Ooooh!) are all excellent songs!!!

I can’t wait for ATLiens next month though because that’s so much more my taste! The production on ATLiens is smooth, spacey, nocturnal, atmospheric and dark!

Word Of Mouf overall is too ratchet and trashy and has too many garbage filler songs for me despite it having three excellent tracks!
I think that I enjoy almost every album that I can rememebr you describing as too ratchet. Eve comes to mind lol . Pretty sure that just means I have ratchet taste in music. I do try to be more sophistamacated though but the ratchedness always seems to leak out,

I think that I enjoy almost every album that I can rememebr you describing as too ratchet. Eve comes to mind lol . Pretty sure that just means I have ratchet taste in music. I do try to be more sophistamacated though but the ratchedness always seems to leak out,
Yeah, I don’t love any of Eve’s studio albums either, but damn does Scorpion have some absolute incredible tracks and some strong production from Dr. Dre! 🔥🔥🔥

exactly what youd have expected... Gz, all the bloat, standard weight, book to recycle by storf

Back