Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Skits matter because the artist put them there.

An album is a piece of art, the music, the talking, the skits, the album art, the liner notes, all of it. That's part of the appeal of owning vinyl - or at least it used to be.

I don't want repressed things that are modified from the artist's original intent.
Hence why the VMP Demon Days is worthless; taking out the transitions kills it for me, that's how it is meant to heard.

My wife is on her parents pontoon boat today and Im home alone watching football on mute with VMP RHH albums playing (since shes not a big rap fan).

I really forget sometimes how good this sub is overall (I know thats subjective). And this Ghostface pressing is probably one of my favorites theyve done.
I love listening to records while football is on now too. That piped in fake fan noise is just awful, Although I did laugh when the fake eagles fans booed Carson Wentz , Because that totally would have happened.

halfway through and.. yeah im fucking with PUTS
And the second half of O.S.T. is stronger than the first half! You’ve got the classic Acid Raindrops as well as L.A. Song and Montego Slay! All are so freaking good Dukey! I love ‘The Dig’ so much as well! And the last song on the album; ‘The Breakdown’ has great production too and the rapping on that one is a standout - and the beat and instrumental is great too! I love the last 25 seconds of the instrumental when those twinkling Roy Ayers xylophones come in! 👌

I love listening to records while football is on now too. That piped in fake fan noise is just awful, Although I did laugh when the fake eagles fans booed Carson Wentz , Because that totally would have happened.

I think Wentz should be glad there are only fake fans to boo him, otherwise it would be way worse. I'm assuming you spin some Nick Drake or Elliott Smith, so that the Eagles game is fun and exciting by comparison.

Okay so yes, basically the VMP version is identical to the standard release except color and stencil. Kinda what we figured.
Has there ever been another VMP release like this? AFAIK I thought they had an X amount of time exclusivity to their monthly selections.

You do know what blasphemy is?

First, you anger the vinyl gods by throwing out anything but the jacket and record (and don't you dare try to say it was a sacrifice in tribute to them)

Then you declare yourself a (vinyl) God?!!!

I hate to tell you but you're going to be a modern-day vinyl Sisyphus - forever damned to spin clean a record (up a hill? I don't know; we'll work out the details but it will be poetic and relevant to your crimes)
This is the best thing I’ve read today.

Back