Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

have fun.. im more just confused why i dont really like DSOTM or wish you were here when i love the soft bulletin and OK computer
I'm not sure what's confusing. They're different albums. OK Computer doesn't sound like PF - DSOTM or other.

I feel like people start comparing these groups/albums because critics get lazy. So, OK Computer came out and it's such a massive album as far as how different it was in sound and scope. When something is new and disturbs our set ways, then we try to find something older and familiar to compare it to (not just in music).

So, these albums come out and critics are like "Radiohead have entered their Pink Floyd phase" or whatever such bullshit. And it becomes shorthand for how we talk about these artists. Comparisons can be useful but it doesn't create a one-to-one correspondence. Sure, you can see threads and patterns that are familiar and similar, but the final garment is different.

No confusion - you listened to these albums. Some you liked, some you didn't. World keeps turnin' & burnin'.

i love the beatles more prog and psyche work
I am sorry but ya ain’t doing great with your style descriptors here. I get that most of it is you are just taking albums or artists you don’t like and carelessly assigning them to some style of Rock that you also don’t care for but when you do that on a music message board with a bunch of music obsesses it almost constitutes trolling. No one’s feathers Is gonna get too ruffled if ya say you don’t care much for DSOTM but to say they are Stadium Rock or that The Beatles ever dabbled in Prog is kind of absurd.

Last edited:
I suggest listening to DSOTM in a dark room with headphones on when you’re in a kind of lazy mood but want to be mentally stimulated.
Weed helps. I know Dukey don’t fuck with Drugs and Drugs aren’t essential when enjoying music but for me weed, psychedelics, ecstasy, have always enhanced my enjoyment of music.

Weed helps. I know Dukey don’t fuck with Drugs and Drugs aren’t essential when enjoying music but for me weed, psychedelics, ecstasy, have always enhanced my enjoyment of music.
If you can hear this whisper, you are dying.

(Although I've recently learned it is "I never said I was frightened of dying". But I always heard the above)

i'll listen to PUTS later and see if i like it but later since i need to sleep

Many drugs were done to this album. Not in quite a long time though! I can still catch a buzz just by listening to it.

That doesn't bother me at all as I throw out the extras, but now I think I'm gonna start keeping a lot of the liner notes, especially as you can see what songs are sampled! I get so much joy when I spin an album and realise that the song I'm listening to, was a song that got sampled by another song I know!

I was spinning Camille Yarbrough yesterday and when Take Yo Praise played, I was filled with joy because Fatboy Slim's Praise You heavily sampled that song, and it was just beautiful listening to the original! Same case as Al Green's Green is Blues! Played that last night and just loved that a few of the tracks on that album were sampled from classic Notorious B.I.G. and Ghostface Killah songs!

So yeah, now you made me realise that the liner notes are quite important! Wish I never threw out 500+ liner notes now... But in the end, I care mostly about the sound quality of the pressing in the end. The jacket can have a bend etc, but I care about the condition of the actual vinyl disc itself, and how great the pressing sounds.
Each to their own. Really no wrong way of doing this game its just so super important to me & a huge reason I stay a hardcopy collector. I assumed most folk would be the same. Especially you it just shocked me lol but if that's what you like to do that's cool ❤

Redman's Muddy Waters bumps in the whip hard too! 🔥🔥🔥

Fair enough with Erykah Badu! Maybe the album just isn't for you. If you ever listen to the album again, I hope you love it!
I've been on a Redman buzz all weekend in anticipation for this album. His run from 92 to 2001 was awesome 🔥 before anyone says anything I love Malpractice it was the first Redman album I heard in full as a 16 year old and made me track back on his shit

Each to their own. Really no wrong way of doing this game its just so super important to me & a huge reason I stay a hardcopy collector. I assumed most folk would be the same. Especially you it just shocked me lol but if that's what you like to do that's cool ❤
Yeah. I love vinyl but I collect it very much for the aesthetic of listening to something more analog and higher quality. I like that it’s an actual tangible piece of wax that I drop a needle on too! And I get so much satisfaction when I spin a great sounding pressing! ♥️

I’m definitely not a ‘complete artists discography’ kind of person at all, and don’t care about whether I have the artists’ discography on black vinyl or coloured vinyl. For me, it’s mostly about just getting a great sounding pressing and if that doesn’t exist, the best sounding pressing available! 😊

That’s why I’m so excited for the Stankonia and Mama’s Gun ROTM‘s, because I have good sounding pressings of them, but I think these VMP pressings will sound even better!!! If they were both on black vinyl, I’d still purchase them and would be very excited, as both of them have promising pressing information (Mama’s Gun already looks great so far as it’s mastered from the original tapes) details so far! 😇

I’m definitely all ears when it comes to vinyl instead of reading anything. I haven’t read a classics booklet ever. I haven’t really read anything apart from messages on my phone and reading stuff on this forum, whilst I have music/vinyl spinning! Might change that in the future though, but for now, I think I put a lot of energy focus into the actual music being played (if that makes sense).

I've been on a Redman buzz all weekend in anticipation for this album. His run from 92 to 2001 was awesome 🔥 before anyone says anything I love Malpractice it was the first Redman album I heard in full as a 16 year old and made me track back on his shit
Muddy Waters and Whut? Thee Album are definitely his two strongest albums in my opinion! I have Malpractice on CD, but last time I ever listened to that album was when I was like 15-16 years old! Been 10 years since I’ve heard that album!

Yeah. I love vinyl but I collect it very much for the aesthetic of listening to something more analog and higher quality. I like that it’s an actual tangible piece of wax that I drop a needle on too! And I get so much satisfaction when I spin a great sounding pressing! ♥

I’m definitely not a ‘complete artists discography’ kind of person at all, and don’t care about whether I have the artists’ discography on black vinyl or coloured vinyl. For me, it’s mostly about just getting a great sounding pressing and if that doesn’t exist, the best sounding pressing available! 😊

That’s why I’m so excited for the Stankonia and Mama’s Gun ROTM‘s, because I have good sounding pressings of them, but I think these VMP pressings will sound even better!!! If they were both on black vinyl, I’d still purchase them and would be very excited, as both of them have promising pressing information (Mama’s Gun already looks great so far as it’s mastered from the original tapes) details so far! 😇

I’m definitely all ears when it comes to vinyl instead of reading anything. I haven’t read a classics booklet ever. I haven’t really read anything apart from messages on my phone and reading stuff on this forum, whilst I have music/vinyl spinning! Might change that in the future though, but for now, I think I put a lot of energy focus into the actual music being played (if that makes sense).
But why would you throw the stuff out? If your logic stands, why not throw out the jackets too?

Do you get rid of printed inner sleeves? Like what's EVERYTHING? The only thing I get rid of are the advertisements that come with, for example, Analogue Pro and MFSL pressings that have nothing to do with the album and are generic.

Hell, I keep hype stickers by carefully peeling them off the shrink and applying them to the poly outer sleeves. If I can't do that I cut them out and put them in the jacket.

But why would you throw the stuff out? If your logic stands, why not throw out the jackets too?

Do you get rid of printed inner sleeves? Like what's EVERYTHING? The only thing I get rid of are the advertisements that come with, for example, Analogue Pro and MFSL pressings that have nothing to do with the album and are generic.

Hell, I keep hype stickers by carefully peeling them off the shrink and applying them to the poly outer sleeves. If I can't do that I cut them out and put them in the jacket.
I throw the inner sleeves and notes and extras out because they interrupt with making the inner sleeve fit into the album jacket! I love the album jackets, that’s the only other thing apart from the actual vinyl itself that I care about. But if it’s damaged, it doesn’t bother me too much.

Yes, I get rid of printed inners because I don’t want my vinyl to get scratched. When I replace the printed inner with a diskeeper inner sleeve, it is hard to fit both the diskeeper inner sleeve with the vinyl inside it + the printed inner. Like it’s too squishy. So that’s why I throw them all out!

I find the hype stickers ugly. Packaging in general I find ugly, so that definitely gets thrown out!

And those advertisements that come with Speakers Corner, MoFi and Analgoue Productions pressings always get thrown out too!

The Tone Poet Blue Note pressings are perfect. It’s just a quality inner sleeve in the jacket, that’s it! That’s exactly how I like it.

I throw the inner sleeves and notes and extras out because they interrupt with making the inner sleeve fit into the album jacket! I love the album jackets, that’s the only other thing apart from the actual vinyl itself that I care about. But if it’s damaged, it doesn’t bother me too much.

Yes, I get rid of printed inners because I don’t want my vinyl to get scratched. When I replace the printed inner with a diskeeper inner sleeve, it is hard to fit both the diskeeper inner sleeve with the vinyl inside it + the printed inner. Like it’s too squishy. So that’s why I throw them all out!

I find the hype stickers ugly. Packaging in general I find ugly, so that definitely gets thrown out!

And those advertisements that come with Speakers Corner, MoFi and Analgoue Productions pressings always get thrown out too!

The Tone Poet Blue Note pressings are perfect. It’s just a quality inner sleeve in the jacket, that’s it! That’s exactly how I like it.
Oh, boy....I don't keep my records in the printed inners and move them to poly sleeves too; but only in a few cases is it difficult to put both back inside the jacket. It is usually an easy fit.

Think of how many records you've ruined. I think I might have to block you. You've hurt my collector's heart.

If it’s like a really cool poster or booklet, I’ll keep it @Lord Diaper Baby ! Yesterday I picked up Sevdaliza’s Shabrang, and inside the gatefold was an awesome huge fold out poster of the album cover! When I move out into a share house, I’m going to put the massive poster on my wall! I can’t wait, it’s gonna look so cool! 😍

I kept the booklet for Moses Sumney’s Aromanticism, Buena Vista Social Club, Caroline Rose. Like when it’s a nice coloured booklet, I’ll keep it regardless. Al printed inners get thrown out regardless though! 🗑

Happy that the printed inners for OutKast’s Stankonia will make the gatefold for this VMP pressing! 🙌🍾

Oh, boy....I don't keep my records in the printed inners and move them to poly sleeves too; but only in a few cases is it difficult to put both back inside the jacket. It is usually an easy fit.

Think of how many records you've ruined. I think I might have to block you. You've hurt my collector's heart.
I know, I remember talking about it with @mcherry ages ago and everyone was like dying on the inside when they heard I throw out all the inner sleeves and general extras!

I was semi like “oh shit, I’ve f’d up so many records’, but then that’s the way I like it, and I enjoy replacing the printed inner sleeves with an audiophile/protective inner sleeve!

It’s all about the jacket and vinyl and if there’s anything super special that comes in the jacket, like an amazing photograph (Sam Records), a cool booklet or cool poster!

Back