Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

How dare you lol. I’m mostly a rap guy, but Wish You Were Here is one of the few that has stuck with me to this day from my brief classic rock phase back on the day
I’m also very much a rap guy, but I also really like Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here! It’s amazing!

Hell, I keep hype stickers by carefully peeling them off the shrink and applying them to the poly outer sleeves. If I can't do that I cut them out and put them in the jacket.
This is me 😂 Best feeling is getting a beat up 20 year old record sleeve/shrink and thinking there’s no way I’ll be able to get this sticker off cleanly, but then it peels off so smoothly perfectly intact 🤤

This is me 😂 Best feeling is getting a beat up 20 year old record sleeve/shrink and thinking there’s no way I’ll be able to get this sticker off cleanly, but then it peels off so smoothly perfectly intact 🤤
Omg, you guys are such nerds, I love it!!! 😱🥰🤣

Hell, I keep hype stickers by carefully peeling them off the shrink and applying them to the poly outer sleeves. If I can't do that I cut them out and put them in the jacket.
Omg, you guys are such nerds, I love it!!! 😱🥰🤣
@NathanRicaud I honestly would of thought what the guys describe above is the pure basics for any collectors of hardcopies.

What you have described buddy is a process of pure insanity to me 😲

Like why are you going full on dexter/Patrick Bateman levels on vinyl packaging, the mutilation of it down to its barebones has triggered my anxiety to levels unforeseen, I might have to swallow the months supply of citalopram just to get through today after reading your processes 😭😭😭

Why nathan why? 😭😭😭😭

@NathanRicaud I honestly would of thought what the guys describe above is the pure basics for any collectors of hardcopies.

What you have described buddy is a process of pure insanity to me 😲

Like why are you going full on dexter/Patrick Bateman levels on vinyl packaging, the mutilation of it down to its barebones has triggered my anxiety to levels unforeseen, I might have to swallow the months supply of citalopram just to get through today after reading your processes 😭😭😭

Why nathan why? 😭😭😭😭
Help me! 😭😭😭

Because I like it when I put my hands in the vinyl jacket and all that’s in there is a quality inner sleeve with a vinyl in it! Makes the process hassle free and smooth! 😎🤷‍♂️

Baby Monster must be forgiven for his vinyl sins! 🙈🐣🦥

Oh well, at least I don’t throw the album jackets out! That would be pure insanity, ey! 🤪

You know what else I do, when a vinyl jacket has seam split and is a black vinyl jacket, I colour over the seam split with a black sharpie texta! Is that normal? Looks good and you can’t tell it’s been drawn over! Looks neat! 💎🤣
Please assure me that you at least recycle what can be recycled out of the packaging 😅
Of course, it goes in the recycle bin! ♻️🗑✅

Help me! 😭😭😭

Because I like it when I put my hands in the vinyl jacket and all that’s in there is a quality inner sleeve with a vinyl in it! Makes the process hassle free and smooth! 😎🤷‍♂️

Baby Monster must be forgiven for his vinyl sins! 🙈🐣🦥

Oh well, at least I don’t throw the album jackets out! That would be pure insanity, ey! 🤪

You know what else I do, when a vinyl jacket has seam split and is a black vinyl jacket, I colour over the seam split with a black sharpie texta! Is that normal? Looks good and you can’t tell it’s been drawn over! Looks neat! 💎🤣

Of course, it goes in the recycle bin! ♻🗑✅
Oh the sharpie to cover seam split is completely normal 🙏 everything else is blasphemous and sacrilegious. The vinyl gods won't know what to do with you Nathan your very bold 😭🤣

Oh the sharpie to cover seam split is completely normal 🙏 everything else is blasphemous and sacrilegious. The vinyl gods won't know what to do with you Nathan your very bold 😭🤣
I know I'm pretty young but I see myself as a vinyl God! I love vinyl so much, and love getting different pressings and I really take care of my vinyl! I want those paper inner sleeves that are NOT poly-lined to be gone forever! I hate inner sleeves that are not poly lined as they are likely to scratch your record! I just am someone who is quite minimal if you know what I mean! I don't want all that extra junk in my trunk! 😷 😂🙅‍♂️

Less is more! And the less the vinyl Gods know, the better! 💯:devilish:😜😆🙊

I see myself as a vinyl God!
You do know what blasphemy is?

First, you anger the vinyl gods by throwing out anything but the jacket and record (and don't you dare try to say it was a sacrifice in tribute to them)

Then you declare yourself a (vinyl) God?!!!

I hate to tell you but you're going to be a modern-day vinyl Sisyphus - forever damned to spin clean a record (up a hill? I don't know; we'll work out the details but it will be poetic and relevant to your crimes)

You do know what blasphemy is?

First, you anger the vinyl gods by throwing out anything but the jacket and record (and don't you dare try to say it was a sacrifice in tribute to them)

Then you declare yourself a (vinyl) God?!!!

I hate to tell you but you're going to be a modern-day vinyl Sisyphus - forever damned to spin clean a record (up a hill? I don't know; we'll work out the details but it will be poetic and relevant to your crimes)
Blasphemy is like disrespecting a God, which I guess is what I'm doing...🙈

But I am a bit of a vinyl god because I have a good ear and love a good pressing and just really immerse myself in vinyl! I feel like I'm a bit of a vinyl expert! 🤓

Because the skits on Muddy Waters are great! They are hilarious! The 'Uncle Quilly (Skit)' cracks me up everytime I listen to it, and the Chicken 'Head Convention (Skit)' is hilarious too! The skits add to the album and I really do hope they end up being on this VMP pressing! I also prefer the CD album version of 'Iz He 4 Real' compared to vinyl version/extended version, so hopefully we get the original full CD tracklisting! 🤞
I hadn’t listened to the album until a couple of weeks ago. I put on my headphones and streamed it while grocery shopping. The skits really added to my enjoyment of the experience. Most (but not all) of the skits make the album feel like you’re listening to a fake Grand Theft Audio-like radio station. For me, they helped make the album more of a cohesive listening experience. Which is what I’m looking for with a vinyl LP.

I hadn’t listened to the album until a couple of weeks ago. I put on my headphones and streaked it while grocery shopping. The skits really added to my enjoyment of the experience. Most (but not all) of the skits make the album feel like you’re listening to a fake Grand Theft Audio-like radio station. For me, they helped make the album more of a cohesive listening experience. Which is what I’m looking for with a vinyl LP.
Yaaaaaaaas! Especially the Uncle Quilly (Skit)! Legit feels like something that would come from a GTA Radio-station! 🤣

I'm going to be so happy if the skits are included on this vinyl release! I just really hope they're there!!! 🙏

Blasphemy is like disrespecting a God, which I guess is what I'm doing...🙈

But I am a bit of a vinyl god because I have a good ear and love a good pressing and just really immerse myself in vinyl! I feel like I'm a bit of a vinyl expert! 🤓
Would you be willing to show in photographs what you have done to a vinyl. What you changed from the original packaging to help me better understand this lunacy 😂

Would you be willing to show in photographs what you have done to a vinyl. What you changed from the original packaging to help me better understand this lunacy 😂
@NathanRicaud It's a trap!!!

Don't incriminate yourself with photographic evidence. It will be used against you in international courts when you are inevitably tried for crimes against vinylmanity.

Back