Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I will say their little explanation for getting this reissued in the first place is really cool of them, and it's a nice opportunity they gave VMP to have the only color variant.
I am so happy that People Under The Stairs put in the hard work to get all the samples cleared! I’m so happy for them and cannot wait to get this album! I’m very grateful they let VMP do an exclusive colour variant of O.S.T.! ♥️🙏

As said in the post, O.S.T. really is a classic! It’s gonna be a joy to spin that album on the turntable! And I’m definitely going to be keeping the new liner notes for this one as they’re are so many samples on this gem of an album! ♥️💎

O.S.T. is an exceptional Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! 🎯

I love listening to records while football is on now too. That piped in fake fan noise is just awful, Although I did laugh when the fake eagles fans booed Carson Wentz , Because that totally would have happened.

As an Eagles fan... fucking kill me.

Wentz would be getting boo'ed way worse with real fans. Props to whoever is controlling that crowd noise though because the boo's are on queue.

As an Eagles fan... fucking kill me.

Wentz would be getting boo'ed way worse with real fans. Props to whoever is controlling that crowd noise though because the boo's are on queue.
I don’t think they would have punted if fans were in the stadium . We wouldn’t have let them 😂

I made the very last minute decision to swap out of Redman.

While it's a very solid choice for the month, I don't see it as being super essential to my collection and after listening to it again a few times I can't see myself spinning it too frequently. I do hope that it doesn't immediately sell out, though, as I'd like to grab it eventually.. I just prioritized Spiritualized over it for the time being.

I made the very last minute decision to swap out of Redman.

While it's a very solid choice for the month, I don't see it as being super essential to my collection and after listening to it again a few times I can't see myself spinning it too frequently. I do hope that it doesn't immediately sell out, though, as I'd like to grab it eventually.. I just prioritized Spiritualized over it for the time being.
Did the same on my end. Was really hyped for it and ended up passing. Just thought to myself, if I saw this album at my local for $33 and knew it was a limited colored press would I walk out with it that day? Answer was a big fat NOPE

Did the same on my end. Was really hyped for it and ended up passing. Just thought to myself, if I saw this album at my local for $33 and knew it was a limited colored press would I walk out with it that day? Answer was a big fat NOPE
This is a great way to look at it! If you wouldn’t be a limited edition on your local for that price, then it’s not worth purchasing the VMP exclusive of it!

This is a great way to look at it! If you wouldn’t be a limited edition on your local for that price, then it’s not worth purchasing the VMP exclusive of it!
It is a great way to look at it. I would personally be a rabid dog if I seen this in my local store. I would hop all over it, bring it to the counter with it between my teeth and chuck all sorts of money at them before skipping out the store shouting woohoo konichiwa bitches!!! ....but that's just me 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is a great way to look at it. I would personally be a rabid dog if I seen this in my local store. I would hop all over it, bring it to the counter with it between my teeth and chuck all sorts of money at them before skipping out the store shouting woohoo konichiwa bitches!!! ....but that's just me 🤷🏻‍♂️
Same here! If I saw a limited edition copy of Redman’s Muddy Waters, especially if it was a VMP exclusive - as their hip-hop ROTM’s sound great, I’d be all over it for AUD$50! I’d be jumping up and down like those girls are in the OutKast Hey Ya video! 😂

Same here! If I saw a limited edition copy of Redman’s Muddy Waters, especially if it was a VMP exclusive - as their hip-hop ROTM’s sound great, I’d be all over it for AUD$50! I’d be jumping up and down like those girls are in the OutKast Hey Ya video! 😂
I cant wait to get this and Stankonia even though this will be my umpteenth copy of Stankonia 😂

I cant wait to get this and Stankonia even though this will be my umpteenth copy of Stankonia 😂
It’ll be your best looking copy colour variant wise. and likely your best sounding copy too! The packaging will also be the best, so it’s all worth it! 😍

I’m looking forward to getting rid of my MOV Stankonia pressing!

Evidence?
I said ‘likely’, because of the pressing details! And also because of how Grey hip-Hop ROTM’s generally sound! Last hip-hop Essentials ROTM - Phrenology - sounded amazing and better than the best Stankonia pressing (The MOV pressing) that currently exist!

The VMP pressing of Stankonia may sound inferior to the MOV pressing, but I am confident it will sound better! The pressing details are great for this release! And also, MOV pressings generally sound good, but not as good as VMP Essentials ROTM’s in general.

I said ‘likely’, because of the pressing details! And also because of how Grey hip-Hop ROTM’s generally sound! Last hip-hop Essentials ROTM - Phrenology - sounded amazing and better than the best Stankonia pressing (The MOV pressing) that currently exist!

The VMP pressing of Stankonia may sound inferior to the MOV pressing, but I am confident it will sound better! The pressing details are great for this release! And also, MOV pressings generally sound good, but not as good as VMP Essentials ROTM’s in general.
But what are the pressing details? Remind me if I miss anything - I can't access VMPs website from where I am - but it's simply pressed at GZ. What are the other details?

But what are the pressing details? Remind me if I miss anything - I can't access VMPs website from where I am - but it's simply pressed at GZ. What are the other details?
Yeah, the VMP pressing is pressed at GZ, but is plated at QRP and remastered and cut by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!

Same pressing details as John Mayer’s Continuum which sounds extremely good! Yes, I know they’re complete different recordings, but Ryan Smith is a great engineer, and this being plated at QRP is a great too! GZ isn’t a great pressing plant, especially with QC, but pretty much all R&HH ROTM’s have come from there and have all sounded great! And that’s without it being played at QRP and being remastered by Ryan Smith!

Last edited:
Yeah, the VMP pressing is pressed at GZ, but is plated at QRP and remastered and cut by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!

Same pressing details as John Mayer’s Continuum which sounds extremely good! Yes, I know they’re complete different recordings, but Ryan Smith is a great engineer, and this being planted at QRP is a great too! GZ isn’t a great pressing plant, especially with QC, but pretty much all R&HH ROTM’s have come from there and have all sounded great! And that’s without it being played at QRP and being remastered by Ryan Smith!
Ah, yes, I remember those details. You may very well end up being correct. Although QRP isn't infallible - recent memory, I'd point to their pressing of the US Abbey Road anniversary (it was complete shit); but generally very good, true.

Still, while you may be correct (certainly w/ packaging - I don't care about color but it is, admittedly, sharp looking; and the gatefold is a treat), the MOV is a proven stellar sounding press. What I'd suggest is if you keep stanning this pressing before you hear, you're liable to set yourself up for confirmation bias and hear it as better before your needles ever hits wax.

TL;DR your epistemological ground is shaky (that's a uni-level word so, um, I kinda win....Yahtzee!!!)

Back