Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I guess devil's advocate here:
The Funcrusher EP WAS recorded in 1995, so I definitely guess you can consider Funcrusher Plus started being recorded in 1995...but that would require at least one more Wikipedia click to get to, so I'm still saying it's War Report.

As much as I would love it to be this, War Report is definitely the VMP-y pick here.
Plus nowhere on wikipedia that I see has 95 as a recording date. War report has it there as clear as day.

Oh I know there's no chance it's Co-Flow but Funcrusher was recorded in 95 and Funcrusher Plus is just the EP with extra tracks so it kind of works....I don't need a second copy of Funcrusher Plus but I'm not sure I need any copies of War Report

It took many years (at least 3 that I know of) from when El-P mentioned that Fantastic Damage was being reiussed until it reached our hands. As of yet I haven't heard anything from El-P about a Funcrusher reissue. Could've missed it of course, but I think El-P would've said it's on its way by now.

Another sign we're not getting FP any time soon is that it's still not on streaming. Still likely in some kind of licensing hell.

It took many years (at least 3 that I know of) from when El-P mentioned that Fantastic Damage was being reiussed until it reached our hands. As of yet I haven't heard anything from El-P about a Funcrusher reissue. Could've missed it of course, but I think El-P would've said it's on its way by now.
Around the end of 2020 he said he was hopeful it would be back on streaming last year, which obviously didn't happen.

He did say they needed to clear samples but, seemed very confident it was doable, just a logistical difficulty since he can't do it alone, it is split between the three of them. Kinda seemed like they hadn't gotten around to starting to try do it yet.

Just to say, I don't think it is coming imminently, but he did seem to confirm it wasn't one of those situations where some label situation or impossible sample clearance was preventing it.

ok so there is one excuse to buy the VMP version of blu that i didn't think about

the bandcamp copy is 8 bucks for shipping, making it almost exactly 34 dollars excluding possible taxes.. VMP if you add it as a track is 35 dollars including taxes and shipping... yeah i might actually just stick with the VMP version because its not that much of a deal after all

ok so there is one excuse to buy the VMP version of blu that i didn't think about

the bandcamp copy is 8 bucks for shipping, making it almost exactly 34 dollars excluding possible taxes.. VMP if you add it as a track is 35 dollars including taxes and shipping... yeah i might actually just stick with the VMP version because its not that much of a deal after all

It’s also available directly from Nature Sounds

It’s also available directly from Nature Sounds
almost the exact same price if you go that route too.. shipping costs to around 34

basically its paying 2 bucks for a color variant which i am actually fine with

Anyone on the discord know what's on the second LP of The Diary? We getting instrumentals, bonus tracks, something else?

Anyone on the discord know what's on the second LP of The Diary? We getting instrumentals, bonus tracks, something else?
I would think if there was an instrumentals LP they would put that in the description no?
Looks like a previous release had a 7" @ 45rpm, maybe they made the entire thing 45?

EDIT: It's gotta be 45rpm reading over their write up again. It'd be weird if they said 2LP and didn't mention one of those is instrumentals.

Last edited:
I feel like expanding it to 45rpm would be worth mentioning, too. Either way an odd detail to not elaborate on.
Agree, it's odd since previous versions have all been 1LP (except one with the bonus 7"). Would be nice to know what they've done to make this a 2LP edition.

Had to go back to the post about the last 45rpm RHH album I know of (Hell Hath No Fury) and yeah, they do mention it's 45rpm.

Tical got the filthiest assortment of beats man. Every beat just sounds like a dirty NYC corner, incredible shit. Might have to grab this one while it's still in stock.
Tical is awesome and I'm definitely glad I picked it up. That said it's still behind ODB, Rae and Gza as far as early Rza beats goes for me.

Back