Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

i mean the blu being officially released in 2011 but recorded in 2009 does work since... well.. it was originally a free mixtape that was reissued
Putting it up for free on your own Myspace doesn't mean it wasn't "official" does it?
Give Me My Flowers fits that clue much better.

Seems like you have to do a lot of work to make either fit 5th album but who knows. I don't have either and will consider getting them. Always weird when they do one that is readily available though unless there is a really compelling reason to spend extra on the VMP version.

Much appreciated!
Just priced it out.
$55USD shipped to Toronto from the US, or $59 in store but then you're on the hook for shipping unless you hop on the GO (or drive).

Probably around $11-14 CAD shipped from a local store.

I'm a little gun shy about ordering from US stores now as my Acoustic Sounds order of "Hello Nasty" is going to get nailed with duties, which I haven't had a single time ordering one record from any US store.

Last edited:
Just priced it out.
$55USD shipped to Toronto from the US, or $59 in store but then you're on the hook for shipping unless you hop on the GO (or drive).

Probably around $11-14 CAD shipped from a local store.

I'm a little gun shy about ordering from US stores now as my Acoustic Sounds order of "Hello Nasty" is going to get nailed with duties, which I haven't had a single time ordering one record from any US store.

Yeah I never know what's going to happen when ordering from a US site as far as duty goes... probably check with my locals first before ordering online

@4080 another option if you're ever in the Waterloo region.

It sounds great, I can't crank it cause my wife is prepping a presentation deck for a job interview tomorrow and she swears that west coast gangster rap isn't conducive to her work flow. I've tried to convince her otherwise, she wasn't entertained.

Bass is huge, tight, and punctual, no GZ crackle (yet), packaging is nice. Thick gatefold with some great chrome effects on the front and back. My jacket got a bit crunched during shipping, so going to try for a replacement sleeve. Overall, very very happy to own this album. Brings back a lot of memories, this album has so many songs that have remained on rotation for 10+ years now.

New hip-hop curator has been on an absolute roll. Checking off all my wants.

Limited edition came out in 2021 yeah. Despite that it is most definitely War Report.

Allow me to attempt to use the only source that matters, Wikipedia, to throw another contender into the ring...

A little group from Brooklyn that was "formed" in Queens started recording material in 1995 for a debut album released in 1997 called Funcrusher Plus... COMPANY FLOW... LET'S GO!!!

Allow me to attempt to use the only source that matters, Wikipedia, to throw another contender into the ring...

A little group from Brooklyn that was "formed" in Queens started recording material in 1995 for a debut album released in 1997 called Funcrusher Plus... COMPANY FLOW... LET'S GO!!!
As much as I would love it to be this, War Report is definitely the VMP-y pick here.
Plus nowhere on wikipedia that I see has 95 as a recording date. War report has it there as clear as day.

I would have been ecstatic for War Report a year or so ago. But I got the Tommy Boy reissue so not sure I care much any longer now

Back