Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Blu situation is weird. I think you could argue it could be two albums from him.

Blu - Her Favorite Colo(u)r was first released as a free (unmastered?) mixtape in Feb 2009 (This would probably point to it being recorded prior to 2009 though) and then officially released as a more polished version in 2011.

Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them was recorded in 2009 and was first released on bandcamp as a $15 unmastered download in Dec 2011, and then officially released as a more polished version in 2012.

For both of them, there are articles that seem to contradict pretty much all of these dates but I believe those are correct based on some brief research.

I hope the 2022 LA album is Sick!, as it is the only one of my current top albums of the year with no vinyl announced (i think).

Blu situation is weird. I think you could argue it could be two albums from him.

Blu - Her Favorite Colo(u)r was first released as a free (unmastered?) mixtape in Feb 2009 (This would probably point to it being recorded prior to 2009 though) and then officially released as a more polished version in 2011.

Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them was recorded in 2009 and was first released on bandcamp as a $15 unmastered download in Dec 2011, and then officially released as a more polished version in 2012.

For both of them, there are articles that seem to contradict pretty much all of these dates but I believe those are correct based on some brief research.

I hope the 2022 LA album is Sick!, as it is the only one of my current top albums of the year with no vinyl announced (i think).

Her Favorite Colo(u)r was recently reissued by Nature Sounds. Color variant is sold out but standard version is still available. I realize that doesn’t necessarily rule it out for VMP. Give Me My Flowers.. would be the better pick for them to do, especially since I already have it and it would keep me from signing up again 😆

I picked this up to avoid the temptation to extend my vmp sub, as I’ve already got the diary but would still want it. Really sounds great, and I actually like the glossy gatefold 🤷‍♂️ thanks for the rec anyway peeps
Yeah, the 2009 Check Your Head pressing sounds great and is put together well. It’s a smart choice.

Earl confirmed, what 5th album came out in 2011 but recorded in 2009 by an LA rapper
View attachment 150741

Probably Blu. Wikipedia list Her Favorite Colo(u)r as his 5th album, however if you dismiss 2 as group projects but still consider Blu & Exile part of his solo discography then Give Me My Flowers is number 5. According to Wikipedia anyway.

i mean the blu being officially released in 2011 but recorded in 2009 does work since... well.. it was originally a free mixtape that was reissued

I think I'm in for Earl and Blu.

I still don't have a copy of Donuts, and I did try and order The Shining and they sent me a goddamn instrumental version so think I'd prefer to track those down (Donuts is easy) before I pay for a VMP version of The Diary.

I'm leaning this way as well... so I guess that means it's time to start looking for a copy of that Ghostface record....
Ironman?

Try Kops.
Or Sonic Boom.

I believe they had copies as far back as last week.

EDIT: Kops has Blue & Cream and Chicken & Broccoli. They also have I believe straight up red.

I'm leaning this way as well... so I guess that means it's time to start looking for a copy of that Ghostface record....
Both GOD version are still up for sale on their website…

Music On Vinyl repress is still readily available too…

…but from what I have read the reviews have been better for the GOD pressing than the MOV pressing with is kind of surprising given both labels reputation.

…but from what I have read the reviews have been better for the GOD pressing than the MOV pressing with is kind of surprising given both labels reputation.
Shipping will be murderous most likely.
The GOD versions are widely available here in Ontario.

Ironman?

Try Kops.
Or Sonic Boom.

I believe they had copies as far back as last week.

EDIT: Kops has Blue & Cream and Chicken & Broccoli. They also have I believe straight up red.

Much appreciated!

Back