Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I've heard the rumblings that they have a tier that you can pay extra to super ensure the pressing is top notch and some labels pay it and some don't. With the state of the pandemic-era pressing demand, I wouldn't be surprised and might not even blame them as some customers may just want a turn and burn order and that kind of QC takes manpower and slows down the presses.

I mean it may not even be much if a band like MBD sprung for it bc they self press with Kickstarter funds, and their album sounds damn near audiophile. If that's the case, the blame should be placed on the label for cheaping out
Yeah I've heard that, if they do charge extra to actually do it right I find that even more offensive.

Now that VMP got to The Game's catalog....inevitably we will finally get a Jesus Piece exclusive first ever pressing for the 10 year anniversary in December?!?! RIGHT!?!?

I need to join this discord and start pushing agendas

Storf on discord:

Just wanted to update everyone: That Earl record will be Q2 now; still running into some issues, and want to make it as good as it can be. Timelines are nuts now. So, don't come with pitchforks to our fine social media team when they announce non-Earl hints in a couple weeks lol

He also said two of the three albums in Q1 will be from the 1990s. Official hints will come after Thanksgiving.

Just giving The Diary my first full listen through rn and enjoying it more than I thought I was going to. I'm a huge Dilla fan (currently reading Dilla Time rn actually, so the timing of this ROTM is auspicious) but never heard of this release and am having a lot of fun hearing Dilla rap again, he had such a unique punch to his delivery that I feel is often overlooked.

Anyways, the bass on this should be huge if they get the mastering right. This will be a very fun spin.

Just giving The Diary my first full listen through rn and enjoying it more than I thought I was going to. I'm a huge Dilla fan (currently reading Dilla Time rn actually, so the timing of this ROTM is auspicious) but never heard of this release and am having a lot of fun hearing Dilla rap again, he had such a unique punch to his delivery that I feel is often overlooked.

Anyways, the bass on this should be huge if they get the mastering right. This will be a very fun spin.
I thought you meant you just got it in the mail and was going to ask "What the fuck?".

Yeah, I kind of overlooked the Diary as well and gave it a listen. Some great tracks on there. Looking forward to getting it next month.

But also....do a Shining Store drop, VMP you cowards!

I've been pissed off about this one ever since I ordered it from Rarewaves and they sent me the instrumentals.

I thought you meant you just got it in the mail and was going to ask "What the fuck?".

Yeah, I kind of overlooked the Diary as well and gave it a listen. Some great tracks on there. Looking forward to getting it next month.

I thought he was talking Scarface for a second and was like, how the fuck did I miss that one?!

What are some of the 90s hip hop albums people would be interested in? Here is a list of odd ones I think should be more available

1) Jay Z Resonable Doubt and Scarface Diary (it is absolutely criminal these can't be bought just about anywhere).
2) The Click - Game Related
3) MC Eiht - We Come Strapped
4) 8ball & MJG - Coming Out Hard (this must be some weird contract dispute because nothing on greatest hits either)
5) Noreaga - Melvin Flint Da Hustler
6) Hi C - Skanless

I'm sure I'm leaving out some but those are ones I always got my eyes out for I haven't found reasonably priced.

Honorable mention AZ Doe or Die but that was repressed about 2 years ago on silver vinyl and I missed it, but still would be cheaper with VMP at this point.

What are some of the 90s hip hop albums people would be interested in? Here is a list of odd ones I think should be more available

1) Jay Z Resonable Doubt and Scarface Diary (it is absolutely criminal these can't be bought just about anywhere).
2) The Click - Game Related
3) MC Eiht - We Come Strapped
4) 8ball & MJG - Coming Out Hard (this must be some weird contract dispute because nothing on greatest hits either)
5) Noreaga - Melvin Flint Da Hustler
6) Hi C - Skanless

I'm sure I'm leaving out some but those are ones I always got my eyes out for I haven't found reasonably priced.

Honorable mention AZ Doe or Die but that was repressed about 2 years ago on silver vinyl and I missed it, but still would be cheaper with VMP at this point.
Westside Connection - Bow Down
Ice Cube - The Predator
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - Both Sides of the Brain
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus

Either of the first 2 Organized Konfusion records
Saafir Boxcar Sessions
Volume 10 Hip-hopera
The Beatnuts Stone Crazy
Bahamadia Kollege
Geto Boys We Can't Be Stopped
Above The Law Uncle Sam's Curse
Boogie Down Productions Sex and Violence
EPMD any one
DJ Quik although I think his first few have already been reissued
GZA Liquid Swords
De La Stakes is High

I could go on and on but I don't want to get my hopes up!

Either of the first 2 Organized Konfusion records
Saafir Boxcar Sessions
Volume 10 Hip-hopera
The Beatnuts Stone Crazy
Bahamadia Kollege
Geto Boys We Can't Be Stopped
Above The Law Uncle Sam's Curse
Boogie Down Productions Sex and Violence
EPMD any one
DJ Quik although I think his first few have already been reissued
GZA Liquid Swords
De La Stakes is High

I could go on and on but I don't want to get my hopes up!
Damn how did I forget Geto Boys! We Can't Be Stopped obviously, and I preferred Grip It On Another Level over "Self Titled" release but take either. I own Resurection and it sounds really good actually.

Black Superman alone would be an auto buy for me too on the Above the Law. I actually almost put that one probably should have. 90s had a shit load of really good Soundtracks too.

Back