Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

If he's making choices going forward when can we realistically expect to see his first choices? I'm guessing he has nothing to do with the next 3 months and I'm curious if they blew the budget that last 3 months and we are getting some "what can we license for the least amount" type of run...

I kind of wish we'd explore some 305 or some Louisiana rap in between our ATL releases. I'm all for ATL rap, but there's a lot there that I'd love to hear (aside from more NY/CA RHH).
Yeah, I guess I only dip in when they have something I want so I am not getting a bunch of unwanted albums. I think this past year, I have picked up 3 Hip-Hop sub releases (more than any other sub) Lord Quas, Freddie Gibbs, and Outkast. I am getting Wu-Tang this month and would probably grab PE if it weren’t sold out.

The TAKE MY MONEY NOW list:

Never a proper vinyl release: Saafir The Boxcar Sessions

Never been reissued: Organized Konfusion Stress: The Extension Agenda

Never on 2LP: Freestyle Fellowship Inner City Griots... I know it's coming in January but it's not coming on fancy coloured vinyl pressed at GZ....

Soooooooo it'll be none of these, what do y'all got?

The TAKE MY MONEY NOW list:

Never a proper vinyl release: Saafir The Boxcar Sessions

Never been reissued: Organized Konfusion Stress: The Extension Agenda

Never on 2LP: Freestyle Fellowship Inner City Griots... I know it's coming in January but it's not coming on fancy coloured vinyl pressed at GZ....

Soooooooo it'll be none of these, what do y'all got?
Yeah I'll definite extend my 1 monther if they do Stress. Not super optimistic but we can hope.

ok so since its never been on vinyl before the first month is either a new release.. or a 2000s era made for CD album (I'm hoping for the former because we literally just got luda and nappy roots back to back and I want more variety)

never been reissued could be any album from any decade

I wanna say the last one is midnight marauders but also that album is so iconic it would be an essentials

ok so since its never been on vinyl before the first month is either a new release.. or a 2000s era made for CD album (I'm hoping for the former because we literally just got luda and nappy roots back to back and I want more variety)

I wanna say the last one is midnight marauders but also that album is so iconic it would be an essentials
I was quite disappointed in the Ludacris and Nappy Roots picks as well! I know they are considered Southern classics, but I didn’t really love any of those two albums! I want less Southern hip-hop albums to be R&HH ROTM’s!

I wish Midnight Marauders was the December R&HH ROTM! Who knows, as The Low End Theory would be an Essentials ROTM if Midnight Marauders was a R&HH ROTM!

I think since they specifically said "properly," that it is something that has never had a full tracklist on vinyl before. So maybe your favorite, with skits added back. Or just something where they cut a song or two from the CD version.

Back