Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

1st replacement looks to be out for delivery today. Not having high hopes for a clean copy
In an unsurprising update, ride side surface noise is present on side D.

However, disc 1 looks much flatter than my first copy so will have to spin it for sound but at least I have a better copy of that one for now?

Adding to the convo, my ATLiens has surface noise on side D as well. It's honestly not that terrible and doesn't really bother me. It'll be cool if they press new copies and send me a perfect one, but I'm not stressing it. Even as a big Outkast fan, I don't see myself listening to side D often enough to cause a stink over it. But hey, if they wanna send me another copy of side c/d then I won't complain.

That said, my jacket had big seam splits on the top and bottom, and they're sending me just a new jacket, which is dope. As much as it benefits me when they send me an entire second copy for a seam split, I'd honestly rather them not. I just need a new jacket, and its a waste to send an entire second copy.

So if any of you have any jacket defects, they have jacket only replacements, so request one.

Replacement ATLiens on the way. Can I pull off the impossible and get two copies of Side D without surface noise??? 👀

Update: I did get a second Side D with no surface noise. This replacement is slightly warped but not bad enough to affect playback and most importantly, no giant scratch halfway through the final song.

Back to buying lotto tickets for me.

Got my Outkast replacement yesterday, it's better... the crackle is still there but not as loud... I'm not sure I'm going to ask for a replacement because I feel like this is the best it's going to get unless they do a full re-press... I'm torn, should I just try for number 3 or just accept this is the best it's going to be...

Got my Outkast replacement yesterday, it's better... the crackle is still there but not as loud... I'm not sure I'm going to ask for a replacement because I feel like this is the best it's going to get unless they do a full re-press... I'm torn, should I just try for number 3 or just accept this is the best it's going to be...
Mine is arriving today. Finally, after the first one never made it to the DHL warehouse. I will answer this question based on how bad mine sounds, and how mad it makes me. Stay tuned.

The responses back are almost the exact same as how MV started. My second reply back got the message that they are investigating and adding me to a list

So, my first copy got lost in the mail for like 3 weeks, so they sent another, inexplicably they both showed up today. Which makes no sense. But they both have exactly the same right channel crackle starting from the moment the needle hits the run in. So yeah... 0/4 between Mars Volta and ATliens.

So, my first copy got lost in the mail for like 3 weeks, so they sent another, inexplicably they both showed up today. Which makes no sense. But they both have exactly the same right channel crackle starting from the moment the needle hits the run in. So yeah... 0/4 between Mars Volta and ATliens.

At least you can put in both complaints simultaneously, I guess?

It sounds like they're leaning towards another repress.

That said, they knew that was happening with TMV and still made a bunch of us go through the first replacement before putting us on the repress list. (I got my first copy well after it was established a repress was happening)

You guys getting your replacements while mine still haven't left the US yet even though it was shipped on the 5th. Looks like i'll be paying for next months subs before getting this months....again lol

You guys getting your replacements while mine still haven't left the US yet even though it was shipped on the 5th. Looks like i'll be paying for next months subs before getting this months....again lol

My TMV replacement shipped on the 5th and got here last Friday after a failed delivery on Thursday.
My ATLiens shipped less than 24 hours later, was scanned into a sack in Illinois on the 10th and hasn't done anything since!

I submitted a ticket about Outkast last week and after an initial quick response, I haven’t had any update on a replacement. Sent them an email today and got this back:
I'm so sorry about that defective record! We're currently investigating the possibility that this ATLiens issue was a pressing-wide defect. We'll send you an email shortly once we have more details on our options for replacements here, but let us know if there's anything at all we can help with in the meantime!
Elli
Customer Support Agent
VMP

My TMV replacement shipped on the 5th and got here last Friday after a failed delivery on Thursday.
My ATLiens shipped less than 24 hours later, was scanned into a sack in Illinois on the 10th and hasn't done anything since!

Got my ATLiens about 10 minutes ago. Should have my videos uploaded and the customer service ticket filed 10 minutes from now.

Chalk another one up for Side D(efect)

SAME. My order believed to be lost in transit and its replacement order both arrived yesterday, both with the identical right side crackle on side 4. My copy of TMV was one of the few clean copies, but it seems my luck ran out with ATLiens.

Back