Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Is there any possibility that certain turntables/cartridges are picking up this surface noise much more easily than others? While I've had my share of surface noise problems on records before, I'm kind of surprised my Mars Volta sounded clean and my two OutKasts are both clean on Side D (I needed a replacement for another reason). Meanwhile it seems anybody who got one bum copy can't get a clean one no matter how many replacements are sent.

I'm on an LP120 with a an AT-VMN95ML cartridge fwiw

Is there any possibility that certain turntables/cartridges are picking up this surface noise much more easily than others? While I've had my share of surface noise problems on records before, I'm kind of surprised my Mars Volta sounded clean and my two OutKasts are both clean on Side D (I needed a replacement for another reason). Meanwhile it seems anybody who got one bum copy can't get a clean one no matter how many replacements are sent.

I'm on an LP120 with a an AT-VMN95ML cartridge fwiw
1000% yes, the type of stylus will effect what noise you'll hear on pressings.

Listening again today, I can't get past the crackle, I thought this copy was better but it's all I hear, video sent to CS!!!

Boy oh boy, can't wait to see how they fuck up PE and/or Wu Tang!!!

See? He still hasn't recovered.

Poor guy...

IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY, YOU'RE GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS

Just relaaaax, maybe put on a record...

WAIT NO SCRATCH THAT LAST PART
This is the part where I’m supposed to say:

“But when it’s good, it’s GREAT! I don’t regret the upgrade at all!”

But is it great?

Is it?!? 👺

Got my ATLiens about 10 minutes ago. Should have my videos uploaded and the customer service ticket filed 10 minutes from now.

Chalk another one up for Side D(efect)

No second defective copy for me, I guess. CS Bot Matty put me straight onto the "We'll get back to you" list.
I also wonder if they may just prepress the one side this time?

Our team is currently looking at the possibility of a pressing issue with this particular side of this album. At this time, we are unable to replace due to this investigation.

That being said, we have added your email to a list of those with this issue and, as soon as a conclusion is reached, you will be notified via email of how we can handle this moving forward.

I'm surprised it wasn't crashprez taking over

Hopefully this also means more variety than just the same Southern acts that were popular in 2002

I was thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love me some early aughts Southern rap but there's definitely a broader swath they can explore.

Back