Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I really hope 36 chambers sees a wider release on black. I really don’t want to rejoin.
It might take a bit but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a wide release. Either that or hopefully VMP will keep it in print indefinitely or you can pick it up on eBay or Discogs for around retail.

So just want ATLiens and 36 Chambers so planning to sign up monthly next month on HH and change over to Essentials for September.

There hasn't been inventory issues preventing subs in a long while on those tracks, correct?

There hasn't been inventory issues for the last few months but remember that they do cap the add-on tracks, so be sure to subscribe before they announce to the general public next month.

Anyone swapped for credit before? Can you apply that credit to an add-on track? Gonna pass on this month's selections as I don't really need a second or upgraded copy of Luda, and try to apply the credit to a 2nd track next month.

You can use your credits for add-ons 👍 if I remember correctly there is a slider on the checkout page, or you could just send an email to CS.

There hasn't been inventory issues for the last few months but remember that they do cap the add-on tracks, so be sure to subscribe before they announce to the general public next month.

You can use your credits for add-ons 👍 if I remember correctly there is a slider on the checkout page, or you could just send an email to CS.
Not currently a member so would have to sign up monthly next month. But would have to wait until it officially switches on the 27th so as not to receive the July record IIRC.

But once that goes through / get shipment I think I can change my sub to essentials in advance if the next month

Hot take: I'm overjoyed that the '91 album is in fact Fear of a Black Planet. It's the first rap album I ever bought and it has only gotten better with time.

But............... anyone else a TINY bit disappointed that it wasn't Sex Packets? In spite of the fact that it hasn't aged well, most of the songs are dated at best, and the best moments really belong to Humpty....

...Nevermind, I just talked myself out of this. Carry on.

Hot take: I'm overjoyed that the '91 album is in fact Fear of a Black Planet. It's the first rap album I ever bought and it has only gotten better with time.

But............... anyone else a TINY bit disappointed that it wasn't Sex Packets? In spite of the fact that it hasn't aged well, most of the songs are dated at best, and the best moments really belong to Humpty....

I think Sex Packets is getting a reissue at the end of next month if you still really want it.

Professor Griff was in and out of the group around that time.

I mean PE was at different times Chuck, Flavor, Terminator X, Griff, the S1W'S, the Bomb Squad, Sister Souljah, DJ Lord maybe more not sure stopped following them after Def Jam, so 4 or 5 totally fits! I'm going to miss the sloppy clues for the next couple of months!

I'm hyped about PE nonetheless

What was the consensus on Redman? Thinking of finally grabbing it this month but want to know if the press itself is worth the cash.

Went with the 3 months. Swapped out of Luda with Lord Quas. Not that into Outkast but I'll give it a shot. That PE though. That's 100% wheelhouse. I'd love a VMP exclusive of It Takes A Nation.
It Takes a Nation Of Millions to Hold Us Back will be an Essentials ROTM in the future I think! I think they will do a 2LP pressing of the classic and I cannot wait for when that happens!!!

I am stunned by the three stone cold classic hip-hop albums VMP are doing as a ROTM for the next three months; Wu-Tang Clan’s Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) for Essentials, and OutKast’s ATLiens & Public Enemy’s Fear Of A Black Planet for R&HH! ♟🔦👽👾🌑🌍

I’m overwhelmingly happy with these three albums receiving the VMP treatment that I appreciate and love life even more! I love it; feels amazing!!! ♥️

FOABP was an important album for me. PE was the most important hip hop in my little world. We listened to other things of course, native tungs was big, earlier LL and Big Daddy Kane, BDP, Rakim, etc. whatever we could get our hands on not having or hearing NY radio, but PE was the stuff we really cared about.

I hope they never do another Tommy Boy album, but I'd like to see some more $ going to the Digital Underground families. Sons of the P is the better album imo.

I wish they did fear of a black planet as the 30th anniversary.. A 2020 release would have got intensely more powerful.. a discussion of how the politics tragically echo out 30 years later as it feels like do the right thing is still going on

I am stunned by the three stone cold classic hip-hop albums VMP are doing as a ROTM for the next three months; Wu-Tang Clan’s Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) for Essentials, and OutKast’s ATLiens & Public Enemy’s Fear Of A Black Planet for R&HH! ♟🔦👽👾🌑🌍

I’m overwhelmingly happy with these three albums receiving the VMP treatment that I appreciate and love life even more! I love it; feels amazing!!! ♥️
All three are absolute fire picks. September may be VMP's best month ever.

Back