Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I am in the same boat as you. I am thinking about signing up for this month for a 3 month Rap/Hip-hop membership now and then reaching out immediately to convert this months ROTM to store credit. Then when in Sept when I would want two both the R&HH and Essentials track reaching out to CS again to see if I can have some of the store credit to cover the cost of the Essentials track to cover the cost of that.
Seems easier to just go monthly in August on RHH and then do an add on track in Sept which will net the same price as doing a 3 month sub ($119)

I guess your way would net you about $6ish in credits left but that little amount doesn't seem worth the extra effort.

So looking at the tracklist on the Word of Mouf press, it seems they chopped off Block Lockdown / Welcome to Atlanta? I wasn't in on this anyway but damn that would have been super disappointing to me. Learning about the hidden Welcome to Atlanta was one of the best surprises as a kid even if it was annoying af to fast forward to the part whenever I wanted to hear it 😂

EDIT: Apparently none of the vinyl presses have it but damn that still sucks

Game time decision, but I opted to keep Luda. This album was a banger when I was growing up and a friend of mine is a huge Ludacris/DTP fan so I figure I owe it to him to add it to the collection. The orange pressing looks great in reference to the cover as well.

Is it overpriced? Yes. Is the album perfect? No. Have there been worse HH tracks from VMP? Yep.

This will only be my third HH track from them on the year so far, so I guess I gotta start somewhere.

So since I'm a tweak I think I'm going to leave my track as Essentials so it's set for Wu in September and just "Add On" the RHH now to lock ATLiens in and just cancel the add-on assuming all is good with swapping my August Essentials to it. I'm pretty sure there won't be any issues but still have some lingering PTSD from the Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik fiasco lol

Game time decision, but I opted to keep Luda. This album was a banger when I was growing up and a friend of mine is a huge Ludacris/DTP fan so I figure I owe it to him to add it to the collection. The orange pressing looks great in reference to the cover as well.

Is it overpriced? Yes. Is the album perfect? No. Have there been worse HH tracks from VMP? Yep.

This will only be my third HH track from them on the year so far, so I guess I gotta start somewhere.
This pick made me go back to Luda’s first album. I was really in to other hip hop at the time but there is no denying that he had that stretch of being one of the biggest mainstream artists with What’s Your FantasySouthern Hospitality and then all of the singles off of Word of Mouf.

Cheesy at times but the dude could definitely hit his punchlines.

So since I'm a tweak I think I'm going to leave my track as Essentials so it's set for Wu in September and just "Add On" the RHH now to lock ATLiens in and just cancel the add-on assuming all is good with swapping my August Essentials to it. I'm pretty sure there won't be any issues but still have some lingering PTSD from the Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik fiasco lol
I had a similar plan. If I didn't keep Luda I was gonna stay subbed to HH and swap it to store credit just in case some crazy shit goes down with ATLiens.

I was checking out the VMP article and this part jumped out at me:

Word of Mouf is not just Ludacris’ breakthrough, but the creation of several linguistic trends, from his mouth to pop culture’s ears. Luda popularized multiple phrases on the album that were relatively unknown beforehand, including “sticky icky,” “rollout” and, most notably, “I’ve got hoes in different area codes.”

Maybe I’ve smoked too much of that sticky icky over the years but I remember west coast rappers using that phrase well before Luda and this album.

Word of Mouf is not just Ludacris’ breakthrough, but the creation of several linguistic trends, from his mouth to pop culture’s ears. Luda popularized multiple phrases on the album that were relatively unknown beforehand, including “sticky icky,” “rollout” and, most notably, “I’ve got hoes in different area codes.”

Maybe I’ve smoked too much of that sticky icky over the years but I remember west coast rappers using that phrase well before Luda and this album.
Waaaaaaaaay before. This article is foolishness!

I mean Autobots"rollout" was happening in the 80's, no one is checking that Hoes song if Nate Dogg isn't on the hook and when I hear "sticky icky" I think of Snoop so I'm guessing E-40 came up with that...so overall great article!

VMP knew this, they fucked with us

30 extra for an instrumental collection AND a glow in the dark 45

Why wasn't this just a store drop and get a new act in RHH
Yeah not surprising, however with shipping and exchange for me the VMP is for once, a no-brainer if I just want the album without all the fancies. Taking a temperature check on reddit (/r/vinylreleases/) many people are choosing the VMP as well. This one's going to sell out quickly so I'd suggest everyone lock in their subs.

VMP knew this, they fucked with us

30 extra for an instrumental collection AND a glow in the dark 45

Why wasn't this just a store drop and get a new act in RHH
I mean if you want this package you can always just swap for another title next month or for store credit and buy an add-on like Wu/PE in Sep?

I see appeal in both versions. The 4xLP + 45 is cool but I probably wouldn't spin the instrumentals or the 45 so I'm happy with the VMP version.

curated and pressed with care by real people
I have a hunch that's sarcastic
I mean if you want this package you can always just swap for another title next month or for store credit and buy an add-on like Wu/PE in Sep?

I see appeal in both versions. The 4xLP + 45 is cool but I probably wouldn't spin the instrumentals or the 45 so I'm happy with the VMP version.
I mean yeah but it's more that they hyped us up when it as a big thing and FOMOd us

Legit just make this a sudden store drop, it would sell out instantly (or do it Fiona Apple style), and you freed up to get either a new release or an OOP classic pressed (I dunno say bone thugs or pac or even polo g)

Last edited:
I have a hunch that's sarcastic

I mean yeah but it's more that they hyped us up when it as a big thing and FOMOd us

Legit just make this a sudden store drop, it would sell out instantly, and you freed up to get either a new release or an OOP classic pressed (I dunno say bone thugs)
Honestly, I think we like to dig deeper into things than they really occur (I am guilty of this a lot too). They hyped it up because it was release announcement day and that's what they are supposed to do. And on this quarterly announcement schedule you get to announce things out in advance. I'm going to assume OutKast/label knew when it would be announced and could have easily tried up to that as well to give all the options?

And I would love any Bone pressings as much as the next guy. But I don't think them doing ATLiens has anything to do with that.

EDIT: Now if we want to do some VMP hating, let's complain that they chose ATLiens if we were getting a deluxe press. Should have snagged Aquemini and done the fancy color press and let us all re-up on the OutKast discog 🤣

Also GoD has a history of putting out some shitty pressings. VMP is more reliable in quality. Not to say GoD can't make something nice.
Is archduke higher than Lord? Or did you get demoted? I'm not familiar with royal titles.

Anywho, is this still the case? I always assume it but unfortunately GoD is a necessary evil in HH sometimes unfortunately

Is archduke higher than Lord? Or did you get demoted? I'm not familiar with royal titles.

Anywho, is this still the case? I always assume it but unfortunately GoD is a necessary evil in HH sometimes unfortunately
Honestly, I long ago entered a state of apotheosis so these human formalities of titles, customs, and courtesies are more for your terrestrial comforts than any real indication of peer tutelage.

I wasn't impressed with GoD It Was Written (both black and clear were shit) but TBF my og copy is noisy.

Personally the instrumentals do little for me.

I can be a cynical fuck but I don't care about the overlap of releases. Just like I don't care that Cloud and VMP did deloused. It's probably not so easy to just pivot and swap out releases and there is planning (not in the writing, that's shitty but still). Although when I saw the announcement I knew the conspiracy theories would begin.

Honestly, I long ago entered a state of apotheosis so these human formalities of titles, customs, and courtesies are more for your terrestrial comforts than any real indication of peer tutelage.

I wasn't impressed with GoD It Was Written (both black and clear were shit) but TBF my og copy is noisy.

Personally the instrumentals do little for me.

I can be a cynical fuck but I don't care about the overlap of releases. Just like I don't care that Cloud and VMP did deloused. It's probably not so easy to just pivot and swap out releases and there is planning (not in the writing, that's shitty but still). Although when I saw the announcement I knew the conspiracy theories would begin.
Yeah I've heard those claims about IWW which turned me off. I finally bit on their new bundle. The tracklist is different so I'm thinking it'll at least be...... different? Same reason I don't own Illmatic or 36 Chambers yet as the reviews are so bad I just stay away. (One bonus with Nas is you don't have to worry about any VMP overlap 🤣🤣🤣)

I'm with you on the instrumentals. Not really all that interested in them so don't care much to spend an extra $30 before shipping.

Also, with the explosion in vinyl it's just inevitable that things are going to overlap. I would, obviously, love to know every variant that is available to know which I want. However, given different retailer processes and such I can see how there can be a gap between companies (i.e. this or the Conway - Reject 2 release through vin dig / item records). I just think it's shady / annoying when the same retailer drops different / more attractive variants directly after one without any knowledge.

Back