Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I got one. I received a VMP order confirmation email. Figured it was just my normal order but it’s the 7”.
Nice!

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the criteria to be selected is / if I was even eligible for it (as someone who is re-subscribing in April) lol. Someone on Reddit confirmed they cancelled their subscription starting next month and got one. Seems like an odd choice to include in April shipments for people who are not subscribers but VMP.

Also I know I'm preaching to the choir but redman was great.. I do with a had a copy without the skits though because unless you are telling a deep narrative Kendrick or as charismatic as the Wu tang Clan or DOOM it's very difficult to make skits good

If they're not too long I usually don't mind. Redman's are pretty short and I found them funny. It's not like Handsome Boy Modeling School's White People which just completely grinds the album to a complete halt every time a skit begins.

Also I know I'm preaching to the choir but redman was great.. I do with a had a copy without the skits though because unless you are telling a deep narrative Kendrick or as charismatic as the Wu tang Clan or DOOM it's very difficult to make skits good
Shhh...people on here were very adamant of the importance of the skits at the time of that Redman ROTM ;)

That album is awesome though. The original pressing didn’t have the skits, but prices for those have gone up in the last few years.

If they're not too long I usually don't mind. Redman's are pretty short and I found them funny. It's not like Handsome Boy Modeling School's White People which just completely grinds the album to a complete halt every time a skit begins.
Easy for me to not consider how it breaks up the flow, since I haven't listened to that album in years, but those dating game skits were pretty great!

Easy for me to not consider how it breaks up the flow, since I haven't listened to that album in years, but those dating game skits were pretty great!
God, they were like 5 minutes each or something. At least on CD you could skip the tracks or leave them off your mp3 player. A vinyl release of White People would be... a bit of a problem for me.

Muddy waters is a shell of an album without those skits. They are all relevant to the following tracks and all have an amazing sense of humor.

Muddy waters is a shell of an album without those skits. They are all relevant to the following tracks and all have an amazing sense of humor.
i just liked it because the lyrics were really funny and the beats banged

beatless skits usually dont do anything for me

Looks like VMP dropped Saba (but now sold out)
It's available to non-members and posted on reddit's /r/vinylrelease/ subreddit. Not surprising, but wish people would calm the fuck down on posting these things for karma. It's VMP's fault at the end of the day for not locking them to members.

EDIT: Is it to non members as well? I'm a little unclear since they had members and non-member pricing.

EDIT 2: Seems it was for members only, but the thread has a ton of people offering to buy and ship for non-members which didn't likely help.

It's available to non-members and posted on reddit's /r/vinylrelease/ subreddit. Not surprising, but wish people would calm the fuck down on posting these things for karma. It's VMP's fault at the end of the day for not locking them to members.

EDIT: Is it to non members as well? I'm a little unclear since they had members and non-member pricing.

EDIT 2: Seems it was for members only, but the thread has a ton of people offering to buy and ship for non-members which didn't likely help.
At this point, if there was no /r/vinylrelease or vmp subreddit, it would've been on twitter or some discord or whatever record-collector community on the internet collectors gather to. Similar to how we post stuff here to share with our community. Obviously reddit is much larger than N&G, but it's just the way it is nowadays.

Also, considering how quick the copies on Saba's site went, it was pretty impressive that it was available for about an hour on VMP especially knowing how sought after it was.

Back