Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I'll take str8 killer and DEFINITELY so much fun, but I feel unsure about nappy roots knowing nothing about that album
Dang Dukey! Surprised you’re grabbing that Gangsta Gibbs!!!

I am DEFINITELY grabbing So Much Fun though and I cannot wait to get it! It’s going to be such a fun listen and I love the colour variant too!

I won’t be picking up Nappy Roots unfortunately! It’s a pretty good album but I’m going to be getting the Classics ROTM in June and may potentially get the Country ROTM too!

Dang Dukey! Surprised you’re grabbing that Gangsta Gibbs!!!

I am DEFINITELY grabbing So Much Fun though and I cannot wait to get it! It’s going to be such a fun listen and I love the colour variant too!

I won’t be picking up Nappy Roots unfortunately! It’s a pretty good album but I’m going to be getting the Classics ROTM in June and may potentially get the Country ROTM too!
i listened to a song or two and they bopped pretty hard...

also weird question about gibbs.. why was the much longer mixtape called str8 killa no filla but the condensed EP including a bunch of the highlights from that tape and a couple professional cuts just called str8 killa.. shouldn't it be the other way around?

also weird question about gibbs.. why was the much longer mixtape called str8 killa no filla but the condensed EP including a bunch of the highlights from that tape and a couple professional cuts just called str8 killa.. shouldn't it be the other way around?
The naming convention is goofy but it is what it is. The longer was just a mixtape to promote the EP in a sense

My guess is you just put more thought into it than they did, the longer name and the longer tape existed first so when it was released as an EP the gave it a shorter name.

Yeah don’t sleep on Nappy Roots. It's 100% "of an era and place" if you will (early 2000's Southern Hip-Hop had its own sound for sure), but it's really an enjoyable album if overlong. Plus, you get their two most notable songs on it (Po Folks which is still great and Awnaw).

If it busts as a pick I might see if I can snag a copy at a lower price.

eh i decided i dont want freddie

i mostly only bought into it because i know all the hype around him and how he is one of the best rappers or something and every release he has is praised....

but halfway through its just not really worth it

i mostly only bought into it because i know all the hype around him and how he is one of the best rappers or something and every release he has is praised....

I listened to it today and was like, I could bump this in my car no problem, but I don't know if sitting in my listening chair, listening to vinyl is the best way to experience it.

100% how I feel too! I already knew I didn’t want it after hearing the EP the first time, but I feel like the EP isn’t worth it at all and is a very average project. Freddie Gibbs is definitely one of the best current rappers in my opinion, but Str8 Killa is a dud of a project unfortunately for me!

I listened to it today and was like, I could bump this in my car no problem, but I don't know if sitting in my listening chair, listening to vinyl is the best way to experience it.
This is unfortunately how I feel about most hip hop vinyl releases :/. I have so much love for hip hop and it’s usually my go-to if I’m driving, working out, hanging with friends but it’s typically the last genre of records I reach for when I spin something. Been trying to talk myself into picking up VMPs Goodie Mob and Muddy Waters for months but can never pull the trigger

Nappy Roots is a pass for me as well unfortunately but I’m so excited for that Young Thug ROTM! It’s such a great album and the production on So Much Fun is very innovative and tasteful! It’ll be very enjoyable spinning So Much Fun on the turntable! 😎

Nappy Roots is a pass for me as well unfortunately but I’m so excited for that Young Thug ROTM! It’s such a great album and the production on So Much Fun is very innovative and tasteful! It’ll be very enjoyable spinning So Much Fun on the turntable! 😎
The important question though

Will this be the version with the 2nd verse of ecstasy or the mgk version

This is unfortunately how I feel about most hip hop vinyl releases :/. I have so much love for hip hop and it’s usually my go-to if I’m driving, working out, hanging with friends but it’s typically the last genre of records I reach for when I spin something. Been trying to talk myself into picking up VMPs Goodie Mob and Muddy Waters for months but can never pull the trigger
Goodie Mob is one I've listened to multiple times, it's a great album to chill to.

I just listened to Str8 Killa again while running some errands. Probably the Gibbs Stan in me but I don't get the hate of the pick. The music is dope (always is for Gibbs imo though) and I don't mind the 8 tracks tbh. I'd rather 8 great songs than bloated average songs added.

I just listened to Str8 Killa again while running some errands. Probably the Gibbs Stan in me but I don't get the hate of the pick. The music is dope (always is for Gibbs imo though) and I don't mind the 8 tracks tbh. I'd rather 8 great songs than bloated average songs added.
Completely agree with all this.

Yeah don’t sleep on Nappy Roots. It's 100% "of an era and place" if you will (early 2000's Southern Hip-Hop had its own sound for sure), but it's really an enjoyable album if overlong. Plus, you get their two most notable songs on it (Po Folks which is still great and Awnaw).

If it busts as a pick I might see if I can snag a copy at a lower price.
This will be the only RHH I grab out of the 3

Back