Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Good catch, cozuld be 2 solo acts and a group as well instead of debuts and 4th album
I can't take credit but that's the fun with VMP's clues. I remember one clue people were going through the words on the cover are were convinced it was ODB's "Return to the 36 Chambers". They're super open to interpretation.

Reactions: Jan
Freddie Gibbs might be a stretch too, as that's like what, 30 minutes long? I guess it falls in that gray area of "long EP" vs. "short LP"
and wikipedia calls it a mixtape so its probably not that

so what the fuck is it i dont even know i dunno if its a debut or just another popular album from 2010

and wikipedia calls it a mixtape so its probably not that

so what the fuck is it i dont even know i dunno if its a debut or just another popular album from 2010
Yeah, 8 tracks is pretty weird. Aside from that I have...a Yellawolf mixtape. Oh and Apollo Kids which is already out the window.

Other 8 track albums I found from 2010: Black Milk "Album of the Year", "Wu-Massacre", "Classic" by Rah Digga, and Lil Wayne "I am Not a Human Being" (also right out).

Other 8 track albums I found from 2010: Black Milk "Album of the Year" and Lil Wayne "I am Not a Human Being" (also right out).
Oh man, I used to listen to that album back when I was a young underground hip hop snob in high school hahaha. Deadly Medley with Elzhi and Royce Da 5'9" is a mean mfing track on that album

I doubt we'd get Black Milk over Freddie Gibbs tho

Oh man, I used to listen to that album back when I was a young underground hip hop snob in high school hahaha. Deadly Medley with Elzhi and Royce Da 5'9" is a mean mfing track on that album

I doubt we'd get Black Milk over Freddie Gibbs tho
I edited with a couple of more, but nothing that screams "VMP" to me.

Has VMP ever done an EP before? Longer than some of the recent shorter albums so it wouldn't be crazy, just different.
I feel like if they take this opportunity they're going to catch major shit at that price point. Same reason I haven't spent $30+ on Daytona from my local record store. I'm not spending that kind of money on a short album. Denzel Curry was the sweet spot at $23CAD for me.

Freddie Gibbs might be a stretch too, as that's like what, 30 minutes long? I guess it falls in that gray area of "long EP" vs. "short LP"
It seems to be established as an EP, but nowadays people put out 20 min albums and call them LPs so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

I feel like if they take this opportunity they're going to catch major shit at that price point. Same reason I haven't spent $30+ on Daytona from my local record store. I'm not spending that kind of money on a short album. Denzel Curry was the sweet spot at $23CAD for me.
Longer than Aretha Now, for example, so maybe not. Definitely on the longer end of EP. Who knows?

Longer than Aretha Now, for example, so maybe not. Definitely on the longer end of EP. Who knows?
I joined after that but yeah, seeing how Freddie clocks in about 6 minutes longer. Glad I got Atlantic Singles and Young, Gifted and Black instead.

Remember, step 1 is getting the clues. Step 2 is interpreting what the clues actually mean. Step 3 is figuring out exactly where Storf messed up the clue.
step 4 is the monthly bitterness about how the album is pressed at certain place or is easily available and yell at storf because he wont give us channel orange already and that they implied it would be something totally better than it was

like young thug would be better than YBN cordae probably (i want something fun dammit) but i also have the strange hunch its going to be cordae

I think I've already resigned that I may not be excited about anything in the RHH track for the next three months. Hell, I may not be in for anything outside of Country (and depending on what Classics actually is) and considering 5 or so years ago I would safely proclaim "I hate fucking country" that's saying a lot. It also may be the first time I just cancel my membership for a spell.

I think I've already resigned that I may not be excited about anything in the RHH track for the next three months. Hell, I may not be in for anything outside of Country (and depending on what Classics actually is) and considering 5 or so years ago I would safely proclaim "I hate fucking country" that's saying a lot. It also may be the first time I just cancel my membership for a spell.
yeah that whole "someone guessed it but were mocked thing" and the year makes me think its totally cordae and i dont want cordae, nor do i really think i'll want the other 2 choices since we know nothing about them and i dont even know what i think would work best...

hell even the essentials i am a little unsure about since though i would like kala, and i dont really dislike darkside (more the fact that i wish that they chose an album that was purely electronic instead of a hybrid because again the last "electronic" album we got was flying lotus 2 years ago)... but i just cant really get into jimi hendrix that much, maybe a relisten will make me think otherwise but who knows... i feel bad that i might just cancel for these next few months

yeah that whole "someone guessed it but were mocked thing" and the year makes me think its totally cordae and i dont want cordae, nor do i really think i'll want the other 2 choices since we know nothing about them and i dont even know what i think would work best...

hell even the essentials i am a little unsure about since though i would like kala, and i dont really dislike darkside (more the fact that i wish that they chose an album that was purely electronic instead of a hybrid because again the last "electronic" album we got was flying lotus 2 years ago)... but i just cant really get into jimi hendrix that much, maybe a relisten will make me think otherwise but who knows... i feel bad that i might just cancel for these next few months
I'll probably be in for Kala, who am I kidding (though still sore they didn't do Arular)...I'm not familiar with the electronic frontrunners and the classic rock guesses have been all things I've been able to snag over the past couple of years so I'm not going to lose sleep over not getting the "VMP treatment".

Last edited:
Back