Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Oh wait! Someone suggested YBN Cordae's The Lost Boys and everyone shot it down immediately by saying they misread the clues. What if the reason we haven't gotten RHH figured out is that the guesser was actually right all along and the "8, 19, 20" clue really does mean year (2008, 2019, 2020). šŸ˜µ
that is really awkward... it COULD work (since only later 90s to 2020s would be counted so you can remove the 19 and 20 and be understood) but its just a very stupid way to do a clue

Oh wait! Someone suggested YBN Cordae's The Lost Boys and everyone shot it down immediately by saying they misread the clues. What if the reason we haven't gotten RHH figured out is that the guesser was actually right all along and the "8, 19, 20" clue really does mean year (2008, 2019, 2020).
Wait no this couldn't work

Because they didn't do this for country.. there is no consistency

They did all 4 numbers of each for the country albums even though we would know what 73, 14, and 63 would mean (country didn't start until the 20s and they are not going to compile a bunch of rare 78s.. though Washington Phillips or something could be impressive)

It has to be track list or year difference

VMP guessing games are so fun. Not only do you have to guess the pick from the clues, but you also have to guess how theyessed up the clues and make things fit as well šŸ¤£
and in the end we all get angry with everyone saying "fuck guess they got me back in" or "VMP sucks fuck storf etc etc".... and also often both

tbh i find this new social media hint giver even more annoying because storf at least gave the clues.. this new person teases too much and made us wait 10 days before we had an idea

So 8, 19 and 20 Tracks?
If We are correct
A debut from 2010 with 8 tracks
from A debut from 2019 with 19 tracks
4th album from 2002 with 20 tracks
Reddit has Freddie Gibbs Str8 Killa (8 Tracks) and Eminem Show (20 Tracks).

DAMMIT i was wrong

probably so much fun by thug

but hey im very much down with that too

That matches, although I'm not at all familiar with the album/artist.

For the clue that matches Eminem... didn't Storf previously say they'd never do an Eminem release, or was that just his personal dislike of the artist?

also since eminem show is very likely what is coming for june i would like to say that ryan loves it and he likes mmlp too so he's all sonning me now with this 'well ethan yes perhaps i'd allow you to give the marshall mathers lp a 10.0, i mean that particular record was perfect, but not this one' yeah well you were busy talking about at the motherfucking drive in back then so let me redeem your godawful site now. jeez unless he went back on his dumb-ass 'policy' theres a nine dot one up there but i promise you 'the eminem show' is really a ten, know that

oh my darling eminem! how i love you marshall, spittin shiny massive magnetic acrostics to fit the thrillest rhyme style ever invented (ugh yeah i'm trying not to explain his quote unquote flow in those meaningless autechre words like architectural and labyrinthine but SHIT) but yeah although em's lyrics arent usually quotably evocative for rock reviews like wu or jay here i'm not even going to try, you have to hear him spit at it live or on record

that said he's playing the same old marshall vs shady real-or-fake game as usual (stage-y red curtain album cover referencing 'smarmy' faux-soul masterpiece lexicon of love!?!) and its as interesting and complex as it ever was but that wasnt what i came to the shady table for in the first place and you know all about it anyway from spin so lets pretend not to care

Freddie Gibbs might be a stretch too, as that's like what, 30 minutes long? I guess it falls in that gray area of "long EP" vs. "short LP"

Back