Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Do I really need the next AOTM? I haven't heard anything yet, so entirely new for me, but I don't want to spend money and not enjoy it... 🤔

What's the consensus of this album?

Do I really need the next AOTM? I haven't heard anything yet, so entirely new for me, but I don't want to spend money and not enjoy it... 🤔

What's the consensus of this album?
It’s an incredible underground hip hop album Pikachu!!! It’s quite a jazzy album which has that simple head bopping, drum-like production! Classic turntable shit! Lyrically, the album is funny, personal, introspective and cold-blooded! You don’t want to miss out on this R&HH ROTM! It’s an incredible pick and the packaging for this exclusive looks outstanding! 🧠🥊

It’s an incredible underground hip hop album Pikachu!!! It’s quite a jazzy album which has that simple head bopping, drum-like production! Classic turntable shit! Lyrically, the album is funny, personal, introspective and cold-blooded! You don’t want to miss out on this R&HH ROTM! It’s an incredible pick and the packaging for this exclusive looks outstanding! 🧠🥊
I wouldn't really call it jazzy

It's much more metallic and wonky, almost like a lengthy tone poem. Lots of moody beats in the Atmosphere/Aesop Rock style, and Eyedea writes very confusing brain altering raps that feel existential but also it's pretty clear he was only 21 since though his words are very detailed they also kinda tire you out

Unrelated finally listening to quas' and I hate that the back doesn't REALLY have the lyrics to every song so I feel exhausted

Don’t worry, at that crap non member price of $47 y’all should be able to buy them from flippers for $470 next week and VMP will release another 500 the week after.

Note: I meant to type out “cheap”. My phone changed it to “crap”. Who am I to disagree with Apple?

After a quick back and forth with a VMP staffer on reddit:

The link was available to non-members through an exploit, which they haven't patched. They say any non VMP purchase will be cancelled so there may be more copies in stock for members soon.

How was it an exploit? The email gave a non member price.
I don't know tbh. You can start here and go through Paulium's responses. I'm getting a bit annoyed because he was basically "There's a lot of assumptions so I'm going to stop responding, which to me is infuriating. If there are assumptions, then clear it up. You're the goddamn "guy" from VMP on reddit. Nobody asked you to jump in.

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

I am currently digging in with the team to see if indeed this was available to non members due to an issue thing, or human error, or if it was only through the exploit.

I don't know tbh. You can start here and go through Paulium's responses. I'm getting a bit annoyed because he was basically "There's a lot of assumptions so I'm going to stop responding, which to me is infuriating. If there are assumptions, then clear it up. You're the goddamn "guy" from VMP on reddit. Nobody asked you to jump in.

Sounds like they fucked up, didn’t respect the waitlist that they put on their site (it would probably be better as an email me when available list; waitlist sounds like there is prioritization), and when members got angry they blamed technology

Lol an “issue thing”. Yes, there’s an issue. It was totally human error. They sent an email explicitly advertising it to non members. Why would they even try to dance around that?
I mean it's technically possible it's just a template email and then they didn't code it right on the back end to restrict non members. Now that is 2 failures so not much better but would fall in line with intending to be member exclusive but just an inept company running the show

I mean it's technically possible it's just a template email and then they didn't code it right on the back end to restrict non members. Now that is 2 failures so not much better but would fall in line with intending to be member exclusive but just an inept company running the show
Still human error. And I’m not a VMP bear (although I’m no longer a member and already have this release). But they should definitely not cancel non member orders. It’s on VMP not those WILLING to pay that price. They should do another restock and get it right.

Still human error. And I’m not a VMP bear (although I’m no longer a member and already have this release). But they should definitely not cancel non member orders. It’s on VMP not those WILLING to pay that price. They should do another restock and get it right.
Agreed if they messed up they should stick with the orders placed. This whole thing is messed up, and I actually feel bad for the CS guy dealing with this nonsense. He apologized for his biting response which was appreciated, but still he's getting dumped with someone's massive fuckup here and maybe shouldn't have responded before getting all the facts. To be clear, I already have the release, and this is no skin off my back, but it'd be nice that they lock this shit down for all future restocks on popular releases for members.

Agreed if they messed up they should stick with the orders placed. This whole thing is messed up, and I actually feel bad for the CS guy dealing with this nonsense. He apologized for his biting response which was appreciated, but still he's getting dumped with someone's massive fuckup here and maybe shouldn't have responded before getting all the facts. To be clear, I already have the release, and this is no skin off my back, but it'd be nice that they lock this shit down for all future restocks on popular releases for members.
Is it Pauly? Isn’t it always Pauly?

Dude should quit at this point. Always left holding the bag. Write a tell all book. It’ll be more interesting than the VMP book. Then have Storf do the audiobook and put it out in their Rising series

Is it Pauly? Isn’t it always Pauly?

Dude should quit at this point. Always left holding the bag. Write a tell all book. It’ll be more interesting than the VMP book. Then have Storf do the audiobook and put it out in their Rising series
Yup, Pauly. He's trying, lord he's trying but it seems from his answers he's getting left holding a giant bag of shit.

Back