Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I know I'm subbing for killer Mike and probably quas. But I had trouble with eyedea and abilities as it's long and very wordy, I have issues with the lyrical miracle kind of sound but hopefully I can get through it

Big

Y
I
K
E
S

It's a little confusing, as he seems to be specifically complaining about the 25th anniversary double LP reissue coming out next month. VMP's supposedly isn't a remaster so it shouldn't have cost anything out of his pocket, although I'm guessing it was still done without his consent.

Pauly's response on reddit:

Big

Y
I
K
E
S

It's a little confusing, as he seems to be specifically complaining about the 25th anniversary double LP reissue coming out next month. VMP's supposedly isn't a remaster so it shouldn't have cost anything out of his pocket, although I'm guessing it was still done without his consent.

I don't think it would be too surprising considering what other artists, like De La, have struggled with and said about Tommy Boy.

VMP did manage to put out the only vinyl version of the album missing the bonus track, without acknowledging or making it clear before shipping it, which was quite a disappointment.

Big

Y
I
K
E
S

Having seen that vmp did a similar direct contact with De la soul and tommyboys previous behaviour I find Paul's reply vwry credible . they should probably learn from this and not touch anything from tommyboy anymore

Dunno if we all saw, but Pauly updated his original reddit comment with the following:

EDIT: Our team had a great conversation with him this morning - ultimately its Tommy Boy, not VMP that he has issue with and we're looking at ways we can support his career now and moving forward.

So while we can tsk-tsk VMP for "should've known better" when working with Tommy Boy, at least it sounds like going forward they might strike up a genuine partnership with Lord Finesse.

In other, unrelated news this VMP tweet caught my eye:

In addition to more confirmation that Lord Quas is on the way, looks like there's going to be another Madlib-related RHH coming up as well? Lootpack or Jaylib maybe? Ooh, actually I've been wanting Dudley Perkins' Expressions (2012 A.U.) for a while. It's a fun, mostly overlooked album he did with Declaime.

Dunno if we all saw, but Pauly updated his original reddit comment with the following:

So while we can tsk-tsk VMP for "should've known better" when working with Tommy Boy, at least it sounds like going forward they might strike up a genuine partnership with Lord Finesse.

In other, unrelated news this VMP tweet caught my eye:

In addition to more confirmation that Lord Quas is on the way, looks like there's going to be another Madlib-related RHH coming up as well? Lootpack or Jaylib maybe? Ooh, actually I've been wanting Dudley Perkins' Expressions (2012 A.U.) for a while. It's a fun, mostly overlooked album he did with Declaime.

Nah, they already did a Madlib R&HH title and Quasimoto will be the 2nd

"About to do" sounds like neither has happened yet.
IMO ”About to do” reads like they have not yet done 2 Madlibs related releases (only one) and they are “About to do” a second (Quasimoto). I mean, it’s fun to speculate and if they are gonna release two then why not more but it’s not how I interpret the tweet.

IMO ”About to do” reads like they have not yet done 2 Madlibs related releases (only one) and they are “About to do” a second (Quasimoto). I mean, it’s fun to speculate and if they are gonna release two then why not more but it’s not how I interpret the tweet.
That's how I read it. Though a clearer way of saying it would be "we're about to do our 2nd Madlib project in Hip-Hop, so sure?"

Back