Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

So Reddit seems to think March essentials is Kid Cudi? If VMP does Cudi they will finally get me to splurge on a month sub. Damnit!!

I was going to put my copy up on discogs, but makes me wonder if quality wise it's an upgrade over the copy I snagged a couple of months back. I could care less about instrumentals. Going to wait to hear more about it before deciding to keep that track next month.

I'm actually pondering doing a store credit swap next month for the first time depending on what classics is. I love the Killer Mike album but I also do not love selling stuff.

Apologies, I've not looked back through the thread properly. Are we thinking Quasimoto the Unseen? or further?

Further. VMP already did Unseen a few years ago as a store exclusive.

Does a store exclusive prevent it from being AOTM? I'm sure it does, but to me the Unseen is definitely the better, more innovative album. I have early pressings of both don't give the 2nd album much playtime compared to the 1st.

Just looking at the VMP store release on Discogs for the Unseen, it says pressed at Rainbo & ltd to 500 (surely anything pressed at Rainbo doesn't count). If they did a nicely pressed remaster of the unseen I would pick up a copy, not sure that I'll bother with the 2nd album.

Just looking at my copy of 'Further' on Discogs (goes for not much at all), but it's the only pressing with 'Rapcatts' on. Apparently 'Civilisation Day' issn't on any vinyl pressing (maybe I do want it, if its a more complete release :unsure: )

oh wait there is something secretly awesome about the image

gl67dl0joj561.jpg

every other copy of the album is just a single LP.. that 2nd LP is all of the El-P beats

How good is it gonna be Dukey! This is an A+ Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM selection in my opinion! 🔥🔥🔥
a DAMN good choice... a perfect start for 2021 and im definitely in for this month.. whether im in for eyedea and quas i dunno because both are very long albums and i stopped listening to quas after song 6 because it felt like 15 songs have already gone by (but i was also tired)

Back